By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - YTD software Sales comparisons

Take a look at what each company ships and the numbers above, the numbers aren't even close. You people are misusing the data.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network
Grimes said:
Take a look at what each company ships and the numbers above, the numbers aren't even close. You people are misusing the data.

It would be appreciated if you could bother to give some actual proof than to just say something defuse and complain. We cannot prove you wrong if you don't actually give your data.

Of course, this isn't precise, but it's more of a ballyard than the exact number.

Pineapple said:
Grimes said:

It would be appreciated if you could bother to give some actual proof than to just say something defuse and complain. We cannot prove you wrong if you don't actually give your data.

Of course, this isn't precise, but it's more of a ballyard than the exact number.

Why do I have to do the research to disprove somebody, it should be the responsibility of the orginal poster to be accurate. By June 2009 Nintendo shipped 384 million units of Wii software LTD, well off from the numbers above. You can look up the rest on your own.

BTW, the 384 million units doesn't even include Wii Sports. With Wii Sports, the numbers above are over 230 million units off, that's not in the ballpark. That's not even on the same planet.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

If you're going to say that something someone did was wrong, you need to prove it.

And that is your proof? The fact that VGChartz sold-through is 70M lower than the shipments? I mean, that's a minor mistake. The errors there will inflict a fair bit, but it's less than what one could easily expect. We knew it was as inaccurate as this, in fact, your "proof" makes VGChartz seem more accurate than I thought it was.

Edit: ah, no Wii Sports you say? Mind giving me a link? Anyway, that would put it closer to my beliefs.

Pineapple said:

If you're going to say that something someone did was wrong, you need to prove it.

And that is your proof? The fact that VGChartz sold-through is 70M lower than the shipments? I mean, that's a minor mistake. The errors there will inflict a fair bit, but it's less than what one could easily expect. We knew it was as inaccurate as this, in fact, your "proof" makes VGChartz seem more accurate than I thought it was.

Edit: ah, no Wii Sports you say? Mind giving me a link? Anyway, that would put it closer to my beliefs.

What kind of math are you using? The number is 230 million off, not 70 million.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/index.html

Around the Network
Grimes said:
Pineapple said:

I'm not a master with Nintendo's financial reports. I assumed FY3 was end of June 2009.

VGChartz had the total SW sales at 312,409,884 at the end of June 2009.

Pineapple said:
Grimes said:
Pineapple said:

I'm not a master with Nintendo's financial reports. I assumed FY3 was end of June 2009.

Then why do the numbers above only show 190 million?

Grimes said:
Pineapple said:
Grimes said:
Pineapple said:

Then why do the numbers above only show 190 million?

In the OP? That's the January till 5th September sales of each year, unless I'm mistaken. It includes none of the Wii's holiday quarters.

Ok the 384 million is an interesting number
Of the number am presenting I am only showing upto the end of August sales

So if we look at LTD according to vgchartz is 330,572,831 including wii sports, which is sold, not shipped.
This you are comparing to shipped which should always be greater.

And although we are missing certain areas and sales information it does not invalidate the number we are seeing.
So not perfect but close enough for ballpark figures

EDIT: Sorry took a while to respond there and a few responses came in between. So yes the figures presented were only till August for each year. The final table in the initial post gives the sales till that period relative to final total year sales.

DnE said:

Ok the 384 million is an interesting number
Of the number am presenting I am only showing upto the end of August sales

So if we look at LTD according to vgchartz is 330,572,831 including wii sports, which is sold, not shipped.
This you are comparing to shipped which should always be greater.

And although we are missing certain areas and sales information it does not invalidate the number we are seeing.
So not perfect but close enough for ballpark figures

Then where do these numbers come from?

2009 2008 2007
Wii 82,097,267 80,193,681 27,799,382