By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ps3 to be #1 in Japan weekly sales by the end of the month?

The October sales of the Wii will still be double the PS3 sales imo, and when Super Mario Galaxy comes out it'll probably go back to the usual triple of sales. The PS3 will continue to perform badly in comparison until Sony bring the price down.

The Wii should also get a slight boost after the news of Monster Hunter Freedom 3 exclusivity and also the news of WiiWare being launched.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
krik said:
Alexie Di Onie said:
Fail, PS3 sales are falling too.

Wii will pick up in a little bit because of a couple of great games comin out.

PS3 sales are not falling, look at the link I posted. They are slowly climbing for the past few weeks.

You just made this up. I love when people link something and say: "See?" when that link actually shows that they're wrong.

PS3 sales went up 3,000 units last week, to 13,000 -- but sales of the system had been falling for 7 weeks consecutively before that. That is, according to the link you just provided me. A 3,000 unit climb for one single week when the PS3 is already behind by over 2.3 million units in Japan is a pretty desperate claim for a growing trend.

True, and unlike Krik I dont think it will be a steady #1 at all through the rest of the year. The PS3 has a much better chance after GT, MGS, and FF are released, but from the reactions i saw reported at TGS Eye of judgments seems that it will push some consoles. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

don't forget wii fit in December.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
don't forget wii fit in December.

im still wondering how thats going to do for a general customer bases. I think a ton of health clubs will be picking up a Wii but thats not general consumer thats a business.  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

the chance that ps3 passes Wii for even one week is extremely low, there is absolutely no chance that the PS3 even comes close to the wii this holiday season though.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

SUPER MARIO GALAXY. No, PS3 will not pass Wii before SMG comes out.

Just kiss the tip.

Bodhesatva said:
krik said:
Alexie Di Onie said:
Fail, PS3 sales are falling too.

Wii will pick up in a little bit because of a couple of great games comin out.

PS3 sales are not falling, look at the link I posted. They are slowly climbing for the past few weeks.

You just made this up. I love when people link something and say: "See?" when that link actually shows that they're wrong.

PS3 sales went up 3,000 units last week, to 13,000 -- but sales of the system had been falling for 7 weeks consecutively before that. That is, according to the link you just provided me. A 3,000 unit climb for one single week when the PS3 is already behind by over 2.3 million units in Japan is a pretty desperate claim for a growing trend.

You're right. I overlooked the chart data (I'm at work :( ).

I will just wait 2 weeks to see if the PS3 comes up ahead or not. Predictions for this week put PS3 at about the same 12-14k and another drop for Wii (from 23k to about 20k).

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

krik said:

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS3&reg2=Japan&cons3=X360&reg3=Japan&weekly=1

It seems the Wii is dropping pretty fast in Japan.

Who thinks the PS3 will pass the Wii (weekly sales/Japan-only, of course) by the end of October? Remember the price drop + Eye of Judgement/Ratchet should help sell more consoles.

And if it does get to #1. Do you think it can stay ahead of the Wii through the remaining of 2007?

I say: NO

But, wanna bet??

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

wii fit will be perfect for Japan, people can do it inside their tiny apartments without making tons of noise. It's one of those things that is gonna need good word of mouth to sell well too.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Nope. Not gonna happen.