By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much would you pay...

What are your two price points for each of the three consoles? That is, what is your "sweet spot" price (the price that you'd go and buy it right now for), and what is the maximum price you'd pay (the price you'd buy it at if it were more expensive and you suddenly came across a deal for)?

Don't don your flame suits, let's keep this civil. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I'm curious as to your opinions, not what other people think of those opinions.

Wii sweet spot: $200, maximum: $299
PS3 sweet spot: $249, maximum: $349
360 sweet spot: hmmm, I'll be honest, I really don't want one, so I'm not going to insult it by putting a price.

edit:  Added currency sign

Around the Network

Wii - upto £250 if I didn't have one already, and you may have to pay more than that for one in the UK if you are looking to buy one for Christmas!! (time to start buying all I can find for Ebay!)

Xbox 360 - £150 if it is comes with Hard drive £100 if not.

PS3 - £150 for 40gb and £200 for 60gb + game.

Wii - I paid around $450 for it and it's worth. If I had to pay $500, I'd do it.

PS3 - For the 80Gb I would pay $400 at max. Sweet spot would be $250

Xbox 360 - For the 120GB I would pay $300 at max. $200 would be pefect.

Wii - 199 Euro; 249 Euro
PS3 - 199 Euro; 299 Euro
XBox360 - not interested

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Wii - Already got at $279 (Cdn) which is about right, would only go up to $300 but it's actually dropped here to $259 (due to polarity to US $)

360 - $99 - I'd go buy it this instant. $199 - max price, $249 with desirable pack-in game(s) - Note: I won't buy until RRoD issues resolved.

PS3 - Currently would not buy (no games I'm interested in are out or coming out soon)

Around the Network

PS3 - max $500
Wii - max $200, but not much interest really
XBox - max $250 w/hard drive

Wii - $300.  I like Nintendo and I like a lot of the offerings out so far.

360 - $250.  I like quite a few of the franchises the 360 offers and more good stuff is on the horizon.

PS3 - $200.  The BluRay player isn't worthwhile to me and the PS3 has the fewest games I'm interested in playing at this point.

Wii - 249.99 (I own)

360 - 249.99 (I own for that price)

PS3 - Not interested at the moment

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Wii - $230 and I would buy one in this very moment. $370 absolute maximum

PS3 - $250 and I would get one now, I would never ever pay more than $430

360 - Hmm, I dont want one so I don't know

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

This is an easy question. My absolute cut off price for any console is $400, anything more is just too much for a toy.

To figure out if any other price is worth it, just take the game price divided by the system price and if the system has that many games out or near out I want then that system is worth it.

Take the PS3 for example. The average game is $60 and lets say the price is $399. To justify buying that system I would need 6-7 games I want.

Currently, the PS3 has no games I'm really interested in but lets be nice and say there are 3 games. The Ps3 would need to be $180 in order to justify me buying it. Obviously, the system value for me rises over time and I'm sure the PS3 will eventually get the games I want in order to justify me buying one.

For the Wii, $250 was the right price at launch and I could have gone up to $300 I believe with their list of launch and near launch titles.

I forget the price I paid for my 360, but it was the premium one and it just barely scraped by in terms of games I wanted for the price.