By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First TurboGrafx-CD game released on the Virtual Console

This as already been mentioned in the VC thread ("of gaming goodness"), but I think it merits it's own thread.

Today, America saw the release of "Gate of Thunder", for 800 points (instead of the usual 600 for TurboGrafx-16 games). The next TurboGrafx-CD game to be released is "Super Air Zonk: Rockabilly-Paradise", which will see the ligth of day within the next two weeks.

Both games will be coming to Europe and Australia in October too. Japan OTOH will see 3 different PC Engine CD games in the next few weeks: "Ys Book I & II" (also released in America), "Cho Aniki" and "Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou" (also released in Europe as "Vulcan Venture"). All these are listed by Hudson for 800 Wii points.

Enjoy!

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

And how much blocks of memory each of these will use?

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Give me Ys right NOW!

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Ys, that's awesome. Gonna pick that up for sure.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

ok, with these larger games and the eventual wii ware games, there must be a usb harddrive option coming soon.

Around the Network
Daileon said:
And how much blocks of memory each of these will use?

Gate of Thunder apparently uses little over 200 blocks. I'm not american, so I really can't tell you for sure, but any american out there can look this up without purchasing. If so, this equates to "just" 25 to 30 MiB. It's also smaller than N64 games like Ocarina and Sin and Punishment.

Remember, most of the space in these CDs was used for uncompressed audio (Gate of Thunder had a pretty decent hard rock soundtrack, it seems). This can nowadays be compressed 20x with a codec like MP3.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

Awww, too bad Cho Aniki won't make it here :(

:P

It uses 220 memory blocks.