By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - FORZA 3 - 720p HD Direct Capture gameplay footage.

LOL. Am I on N4G?

This game is looking damn good and that video looks just like all the shots that were previously released. Calm down boys, you get to play a racing sim on your system too.

Around the Network

^In all fairness, the video looked like crap, but not because of the game. They were streaming a 720p image from a spanish speaking nation in a 960x540 resolution using some messed up compression. So the video does kinda look bad, but that's because of their fault, not the actual game.

All those screenshots and videos earlier were definitely in game and are what the final product will look like. I guess we'll all know in about 12 days when the demo comes out

It looks horrible, I am not impressed.. and this is coming from a graphics whore

mM
nightsurge said:
^In all fairness, the video looked like crap, but not because of the game. They were streaming a 720p image from a spanish speaking nation in a 960x540 resolution using some messed up compression. So the video does kinda look bad, but that's because of their fault, not the actual game.

All those screenshots and videos earlier were definitely in game and are what the final product will look like. I guess we'll all know in about 12 days when the demo comes out

I honestly don't see a problem with that video.  It is a streaming video so obviously it is going to have compression.  Can someone point out the obvious flaws to me.  Or perhaps the differences from previous photos.  All I see is a bunch of bellyaching about a damn good looking game.

JaggedSac said:
nightsurge said:

I honestly don't see a problem with that video.  It is a streaming video so obviously it is going to have compression.  Can someone point out the obvious flaws to me.  Or perhaps the differences from previous photos.  All I see is a bunch of bellyaching about a damn good looking game.

On my end the whole thing looks blurry around edges and artifacted.  It also looked a lot more jaggy at places.  The whole video made it hard to see clear details of the cars and track because of all the blurring.  And the fact that they compressed the image from 720p to 960x540p....

So please, to all of you thinking it looks awful, realize it is the video quality, not the game's graphics.

Around the Network

This was to show that the game has solid 60 fps. I played the old built (E3) demo at PAX and it's one amazing looking games. There was very little ugly jaggied you see in Forza 2 and the shimmering effect (god I hate those) that was so prominent in Forza 2 and GT5P.

The PAX demo was butter smooth and pure awesome. Haters will just go on hating, why not just ignore them you can always tell when nice trailers come out for Forza all the butt hurts PS fanboys comes out in drove. The bumper car simulators (which I will also purchase day 1 since I love cars more than system warz!!) will be out soon and then we can have a real grudge match.

Hmmmm.....dunno wat you guys are complaining about the video it looks great to me but not close to the screen shots that was being braged as no bullshots.

@Nightsurge and jaggedsac

You guys are fighting thee wrong fanboys.

^We are? I was just telling him what I saw wrong with the video and explaining to everyone else why it looked bad.

I had to make sure and double check if that was a PS2 game lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5