By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Trophies should be even out

Why do PS3 games have so many bronze trophies and less silver and gold.  Like KZ2 it has 84 trophies, 72 bronze, 8 silver, 3 gold and 1 platinum.  72 bronzes is a lot.  I think trophies should really be even out.  There are some bronze trophies that is harder to get than silver and gold.  Let me know what you guys think.

Around the Network

So you feel more accomplished when you get a higher ranking trophy?

they have a certain limit, so they must choose how many bronze gold and silver to hand out, but total point worth has to be same.

disgea 3 trohpies it only has a few of them but they are mainly silver, and killzone has much more trphies but most are bronze and so on.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

most of the games are cool, but inFamous is a particular nasty one in my memory, the only gold trophy in the game is one of the easiest to get, and the 100% rock found trophy (which is a bitch) is only a frigging bronze.

I just spend 2 hours on Batman AA and finally finished challenge room Shock and Awe Extreme with 3 medals and got the only gold trophy in the game, now all i need is to finish the story mode on hard and get the platinum, its quite a feeling of accomplishment.

tedsteriscool said:
So you feel more accomplished when you get a higher ranking trophy?

Not really.  I just prefer them to be even out.  Like someone on my friends list has about 550 bronze and 30 gold.  That is just not even.

Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
they have a certain limit, so they must choose how many bronze gold and silver to hand out, but total point worth has to be same.

disgea 3 trohpies it only has a few of them but they are mainly silver, and killzone has much more trphies but most are bronze and so on.

Awesome!  Didn't know Disgea 3 have Trophies support.  Going to pick it up tomorrow.

Just get the Platinum and you won't even care about the bronze.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

gustave154 said:
Just get the Platinum and you won't even care about the bronze.

LOL yeah you right but some games are hard to get platinum in so I give up on the trophies and just have fun with the game.

I think it's bloody rediculous myself mate. I've people on my friends list with less platnums than me, less bronzes than me but more gold and silver trophies than me. Then when you compare trophies with them the reasons all become clear.

They have games like terminator salvation platnumed which contsists of 11 gold and 1 plat and games like hannah montana and Leisure suit Larry. You've got games like Killzone 2, batman arkham asylum, Bioshock. Games that actually present a challenge but all credibility is lost because you could have Killzone 2 plat and someone else has a hannah montana plat buts yous both have the same amount of trophies. They had a walk in the park with that one, you had cramps and you sweated blood getting your trophey but the trop-hies are worth the same

geddesmond2 said:
I think it's bloody rediculous myself mate. I've people on my friends list with less platnums than me, less bronzes than me but more gold and silver trophies than me. Then when you compare trophies with them the reasons all become clear.

They have games like terminator salvation platnumed which contsists of 11 gold and 1 plat and games like hannah montana and Leisure suit Larry. You've got games like Killzone 2, batman arkham asylum, Bioshock. Games that actually present a challenge but all credibility is lost because you could have Killzone 2 plat and someone else has a hannah montana plat buts yous both have the same amount of trophies. They had a walk in the park with that one, you had cramps and you sweated blood getting your trophey but the trop-hies are worth the same

Exactly great comment and I see you game a lot so I might just add you on my friends list.