By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Opoona=bureaucracy the game

I bought Opoona for wii a few months back, played it for an hour, then got sidetracked. I had the day off today so I figured I'd return to it for some light, happy RPG goodness. And while I'm enjoying it, it feels like somebody made an RPG about a day at the DMV or any other super fun government establishment. I go to the job administration center and am told that in order to receive a job I must report to the third floor of the administration center...wait, is that the job administration center? I'm in an administration center so I go through a series of elevators (one elevator does not take you to each floor, rather one elevator can only go between two floors, thusly a series of elevators), I reach the top of the job administration center but it is only 2 floors (and two basement floors), but there is a staircase on the second floor...maybe that's...nope, nobody is ontop of the staircase, just vending machines. So I consult my map....which is useless because it has no labels for anything, and only shows a picture (that is to say blue shapes) of the floor you're on with no distinction of what is what.

So I wonder around a labyrinth of elevators, frequently being told that I don't have the necessary paperwork/liscence/authorization to operate said vehicle/door/elevator. Getting around, and actually getting to a point where you get to do something is a very unnecessary chore. It's like they TRIED to design the city to be as un-intuitive and difficult to navigate as possible, and getting jobs as complicated as possible. I'm not sure if the game is poorly designed, or if the creators are just trying to make a point about a government run utopia.

Despite it's flaws I'm enjoying it. The music is fantastic, the graphics are colorful, fun and soothing, the combat system is unique and entertaining. It's a fun little RPG over all, but damn, why is everything in town such a damn hassle?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:

it feels like somebody made an RPG about a day at the DMV

That's a great line.  I laughed.

I have the game, am about halfway through, and I agree with you 100%. But good news, it gets much, much better after the first city. The lay-out of the first city is incredible complex and is just terribly designed. Things get much more intuitive as you progress the game.

I don't know why they screwed up the elevators and the first city so much, but I almost stopped playing at that point.

It's a nice, soothing game, and definitely something different. It's not excellent, but it's appealing in it's own quirky way.

I loled, at least. A funny read.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Lmao good luck with Opoona dude.

Around the Network

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

^ that was interesting.

I laughed myself. I've never played touched this game.

Pixel Art can be fun.

lol, that made me chuckle

Kudos for Asterix, he manages to beat bureaucracy!