By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kingdom Hearts vs. Dragon Quest (which is better)

I've only ever played 1 dragon quest game and that was The journey of the cursed king and I've played KH 1 and 2. I can say now Dragon Quest is far better than the KH series. I like the Kingdom Heart series but Dragon Quest has so much more to offer and the story was amazing

Around the Network

Dragon Quest.

Dragon Quest 4, 5, and 8 are all great games. I especially like 5, and how it goes through the characters life, and you can choose your wife, etc... I played 4 and 5 very recently on DS and feel those ramakes are superior to the FF remakes; much more fun.

Only 7 I didn't really like, and 1, 2, and 3 I haven't played since NES, but back in that time period 3 was my favourite RPG along with Phantasy Star 2.... But I played Phantasy Star 2 recently, and found it VERY hard to tolerate for more than 2-3 hours.

Kingdom Hearts I didn't like. I couldn't get myself interested enough to play very far into it. It controlled like a generic 3D PSX game.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

DQ series!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Dragon Quest is better.

As far as Square-Enix goes the Kingdom Hearts series loses out to Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Chrono Series, Mana Series, and many other rpg games that did not get more than one game...Vagrant Story, Mario RPG, Secret of Evermore etc.

Around the Network

KH was original in its on way. I liked how the gameplay was and how they incorporated disney characters into the game. It was a great new I.P when it first came out for the PS2.

Dragon Quest is very popular in Japan but its not that popular in western countries...
And both games are not the same genre so its hard to compare.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Suikoden

One of these franchises is the Forefather of all Japanese RPGs...

So uh... yeah.

DQ by far. It's not that I don't like action RPGs on the contrary, I love Tales for example, but I dislike KH.

For me, Kingdom Hearts.

I have only played DQ8 though. I couldn't get into it and never finished it.