By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can the XBOX360 WIN this generation?

Hi guys!

Ok this one is new even for me. So why am I thinking this can be possible? This year the sales of the Wii have been dropping and the sales of the 360 are increasing. Based on this article:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5126

This week:

The XBOX360 it's only 20.000 short compared to the Wii. With some more price cuts and Project Natal, do you guys think it's still possible?

Or Wii already have a Wiinner? What do you guys think?

Note: yes I KNOW, the PS3 sold A LOT of units this week, but that's because of the price cut + slim effect. We have to wait and see how it goes from here.

Around the Network

No. Nintendo is making a profit on the Wii. All they have to do is drop the price $50, and they are golden,

Edit: You also have to remember that the Xbox 360. Just had a pricecut on the Elite model

Black RL said:

Note: yes I KNOW, the PS3 sold A LOT of units this week, but that's because of the price cut + slim effect. We have to wait and see how it goes from here.

Same for the 360, and besides the wii still has it's big games to come and 50$ price cut, so nintendo still has some cards up it's sleeve

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

They never did a price cut, in that point they have a huge advantage over MS and SONY.

X360 needs to sell 40k over the Wii every week from now on to outsell it in 2019.

Around the Network

No, first place is decided this gen. The Wii has it, it is still winning and has not yet even dropped the price ONCE. It still remains to be seen if MS can take second place, the Sony name still carries a lot of weight in the industry, look how well the PS3 has sold at the most rediculous price point ever. Not a chance.

Nope

Nobody stops the Wii.

It's getting more and more interesting! :D

No chance what so ever.