By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I love Donkey Kong. Do you?

Donkey Kong Barrel Blast for the Nintendo Wii got 50% in www.gamerankings.com. Can you believe it?

Around the Network

I fear another Donkey Kong Rap. Aside from that, the Prime Primate is cool with me.

All the DK games up to Donkey Kong 64 were great. After that I lost track of them.

But I can't say that I love him. I mean, it's a big hairy monkey.

Yeah DK64 was one of the most underrated N64 games. Aside from the arcade classics I only played the games developped by Rare.

For a Donkey Kong game to be as good or even better than the Rare games the same team responsible for the Mario platformers should make the next one. Hey why not let them star together again like in the good old days.

a.l.e.x59 said:
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast for the Nintendo Wii got 50% in www.gamerankings.com. Can you believe it?

i really would of liked another good donkey kong racer like diddy kong

Around the Network

I think the control scheme would better suit a new Star Wars Episode 1: Pod Racer game. I mean, you've got a remote and a nunchuck, you're halfway there. Perfect steering controls.

I think a new Donkey Kong game would be nice if he gets back to his platforming roots. He could sneak in some moves from some of his other games, like swinging from tree to tree and playing bongos could be bonus stages or something. What should really come back is Donkey Kong Country's mine cart stages. Those were blissfully bonkers.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

I remember eating that cereal!

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

I love DK but I also miss Kirby I want new games for them NOW!!!

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

johnlucas said:

I remember eating that cereal!

John Lucas 

I Loved that cereal as a kid!  I wish it was still around.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

DK64 was okay.....but somehow slightly disappointing. I more liked the Donkey Kong Country games, especially the first one. And I never seemed to get into the original DK, I had the game, the NES one that comes with DK jr. I actually liked DK jr more.