By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sunday Night Fireside Chat...

I always wanted the Zelda franchise to take a completely different direction for its games. I would to see a Zelda version of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars... with like Bioware/Square-Enix making it.
Imagine having Link, Zelda and Ganon working together to protect Hyrule. With possible teammates of: Midna, Skull Kids, Zora's, Goron's, Navi or in worst case scenario...... Tingle. There's a lot of possibilites of adding to the Hyrule universe.

No clue if would would work though.... might make another "black sheep" like Zelda 2

I think I discovered the meaning of a Freudian slip yesterday.....
I was having dinner with my girlfriend and I wanted to say,
"Could you please pass the butter?"
But instead I said, "You bitch, you managed to ruin my life."

Around the Network
makesnosense said:
I always wanted the Zelda franchise to take a completely different direction for its games. I would to see a Zelda version of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars... with like Bioware/Square-Enix making it.
Imagine having Link, Zelda and Ganon working together to protect Hyrule. With possible teammates of: Midna, Skull Kids, Zora's, Goron's, Navi or in worst case scenario...... Tingle. There's a lot of possibilites of adding to the Hyrule universe.

No clue if would would work though.... might make another "black sheep" like Zelda 2

See the problem with that is that Bowser is a comical villain, while Ganon is a the deep, dark hatred-filled villain with no sympathy for anyone.

There is no way he would work with Link and Zelda even if it meant his life.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

gitanil said:
makesnosense said:

See the problem with that is that Bowser is a comical villain, while Ganon is a the deep, dark hatred-filled villain with no sympathy for anyone.

There is no way he would work with Link and Zelda even if it meant his life.

If he needed them for his own gains or to fight a greater enemy he would. He would betray them first chance he would get but as long as he has no choice he would. He wouldn´t like it but the way I see it he is so powerdriven that he would suck up his pride for a greater goal.

natedog4000 said:
ItsaMii said:
I support harder games. Harder than LttP or LAw could ever be. I want bosses to take up to 6 hearts, pitfalls 2 and no more 1/4 heart ever again.

agreed, but what about the rest? Do you still want the main villian to be Ganon? Do you still want it in Hyrule?

Hyrule does not need to be the same. Can you really see anything alike in LttP and OoT Death Mountain and Lost Forest? Hyrule is just a name they can change the world to make a different experience. What about MM, LAw and Oracle worlds? It sounds like every Zelda game was in Hyrule. Ganon is like Dracula in Castlevania. Changing that may be like giving link a gun and voice overs. Not every game had Ganon as the last boss. They made him a extra/secret boss in Oracle. In LAw he was missing. In TP he was not the boss from the beggining of the game.

I want changes in the Zelda formula. OoT changed LttP in many ways and I want that sort of change into next Zelda games. I just do not want some crazy changes that will make Zelda another game. Exploration, for example, is the word that defines Zelda. Make the game more linear and you got just a hack n` slash with a Zelda logo.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

@ El Duderino

exactly.... i agree Ganon would HAVE to be forced to work with them for his own gain but it can very easily lead up to a back-stabbing in the middle of the game. A very good and creative story writer would be required... because the reason for them joining forces would need to be some DAMN convicing motivations/plot.

Around the Network

^^ Would make the hole Link Vs. Ganon relationship a lot more interesting.

Personally I´d love to see (and I know many HATE this idea) a Zelda game where link falls into some sort of time portal and comes out in a Future/Fantasy mix world (Think Sixth Element meets Lord of the Rings) that way you could still have Hyrule but everything would be new and have a fresh feel to it, you could still have all the classic Zelda elements and add some great new ones (jet packs, hoveboards, potals((now that we know how cool they are)), zero gravity levels..)

Besides medival fantasy and sci-fi are not that far appart, Star Wars did some great work there.

ItsaMii said:
natedog4000 said:
ItsaMii said:
I support harder games. Harder than LttP or LAw could ever be. I want bosses to take up to 6 hearts, pitfalls 2 and no more 1/4 heart ever again.

agreed, but what about the rest? Do you still want the main villian to be Ganon? Do you still want it in Hyrule?

Hyrule does not need to be the same. Can you really see anything alike in LttP and OoT Death Mountain and Lost Forest? Hyrule is just a name they can change the world to make a different experience. What about MM, LAw and Oracle worlds? It sounds like every Zelda game was in Hyrule. Ganon is like Dracula in Castlevania. Changing that may be like giving link a gun and voice overs. Not every game had Ganon as the last boss. They made him a extra/secret boss in Oracle. In LAw he was missing. In TP he was not the boss from the beggining of the game.

I want changes in the Zelda formula. OoT changed LttP in many ways and I want that sort of change into next Zelda games. I just do not want some crazy changes that will make Zelda another game. Exploration, for example, is the word that defines Zelda. Make the game more linear and you got just a hack n` slash with a Zelda logo.

exactly, I don't want a clone of OoT, rather something that takes the OoT formula and expands upon it and makes it better. 

I don't know, I know Hyrule is always changing but I think if we had to go to another country or territory to get something that would be really cool..

Never really played any zelda games, except one of the earlier ones on the snes...didnt like it much havent played them since. I dont know why, but those games never really appealed to me, or anyone else I know. The new ones looks pretty cool, but they just seem a little boring to me. Maybe I am just crazy or something?

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

WEWdeadeye said:
Never really played any zelda games, except one of the earlier ones on the snes...didnt like it much havent played them since. I dont know why, but those games never really appealed to me, or anyone else I know. The new ones looks pretty cool, but they just seem a little boring to me.I am just crazy!

Fixed

The Flintstones meets the Jetsons...... therefore......Ratchet and Clank meets Zelda....hmmmmm

yeah, not to sure about the whole sci-fi thing.... but to your credit, that idea is still better than the idea of having Zelda warped into "today's" time. I get the mental image of a GTA game type of game with Link hijacking cars with a uzi....

the idea alone scares the HELL outta me