By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PSP firmwares appear to be a hard nut to crack, pirates are upset......

PullusPardus said:
Foibbles is an angry pirate confirmed?

what do pirates say when they are angry? Arg?

I have a hacked PSP but in all honesty can't be bothered to load up any games except Crimson Gem Saga. Point is this thread is a load of misleading baloney. I'm a grumpy old fart and can't stand people talking about things they really don't have a clue about, what can I say...guilty...I'll walk the plank :)

Around the Network

people could, you know, buy the games. Crazy idea I know, but it really wouldn't hurt would it.

PSP Hardware sales to drop?

Foibbles said:
Gazz said:
Simulacrum said:
No link...
So you tried to hack in with your friends?
:D

Nothing like that. Came across a post while Googling for some info on IL2 on PSP, and the ball started rolling from there. I can't link to that one though. I also found a rumor that Firmware 6.0 is being released this week somewhere and the forum of Dark Alex (yes, the custom firmware king himself) has been shut down taking down a huge site for psp piracy.

Get ya facts straight before posting things that aren't true.

DA himself has said that the forums were shut down by himself because they were costing too much to run. Furthermore there are patches available that remove the firmware checks for those releases. There are ZERO unplayable ISOs for the latest 5.0 M33-6 custom firmware.

so try to play Disgaea 2 (USA) or Tales of VS. Both require firmware 5.55 or higher :/

there are more games that aren't playable with 5.00 M33-6.

Oh, I feel so bad for the game thieves. It just makes me want to cry...

OW! OW! OW!

Um... er... sorry about that. I was starting up the world's smallest violin, but the darn thing fell in my ear.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

I'm so lame. Everything on my PSP came from the PSN. I wish I knew how to hack it!

Foibbles said:
Gazz said:
Simulacrum said:
No link...
So you tried to hack in with your friends?
:D

Nothing like that. Came across a post while Googling for some info on IL2 on PSP, and the ball started rolling from there. I can't link to that one though. I also found a rumor that Firmware 6.0 is being released this week somewhere and the forum of Dark Alex (yes, the custom firmware king himself) has been shut down taking down a huge site for psp piracy.

Get ya facts straight before posting things that aren't true.

DA himself has said that the forums were shut down by himself because they were costing too much to run. Furthermore there are patches available that remove the firmware checks for those releases. There are ZERO unplayable ISOs for the latest 5.0 M33-6 custom firmware.

I literally said "the forum of Dark Alex (yes, the custom firmware king himself) has been shut down taking down a huge site for psp piracy." I never said it was shutdown by an outside organasation, just that it's been shutdown and that took down a huge site for piracy. I understand the confusion though. I did look into your claim of patches and found no evidence among the sources I previously used, just a lot more of frustrated pirates and some more info on what seems to be causing the issues.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

PullusPardus said:
Pirates should go back to the sea where they belong!

LOL yes!!

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

@Pirates

ahhahahahhaha