By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGChartz Mafia Game - Round 4

alright, You can do round 5, but I got dibbs on hosting round 6. I will sit out round 5 and just watch.

Oh sweet APPLES!

Round 6: Death Note

Around the Network

^ I can't wait 'till the death note part! Sounds like tons of fun.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

I'll be gone from the interwebs until next wednesday or so, so hopefully that will be when round 5 wraps up

anyways, its going to be markedly harder than these other rounds.

I have some planned wrinkles and twists to the game that will make your brain melt, but in a good way. And it will be pretty cool as well.

The only thing I don't feel comfortable with is the dark aspect thing. I mean, with the roles always being dark, we have to guess every round?

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

its not that roles will always be dark. You can roleclaim if you want; its just that when people die, I do not reveal their roles.

This takes away the incentive to go "lets lynch him to see what he is" mentality.

For example, someone can get lynched, but the townies will not know if they were right or not.

Likewise, a mafia can try to off the cop, and they will never know if they got the cop or not.

^ Helps the mafia quite a bit I'd think.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Well that's how it is in regular face-to-face mafia.

In forum mafia, you leave a record of EVERYTHING you've said, which helps townies.

Though, in forum mafia, its way WAY easier to lie, so iono, I guess its just a different beast.

Anyways, Im hoping that only more experienced players play, and I'll make sure that the game is still balanced.

That Guy said:
Well that's how it is in regular face-to-face mafia.

In forum mafia, you leave a record of EVERYTHING you've said, which helps townies.

Though, in forum mafia, its way WAY easier to lie, so iono, I guess its just a different beast.

Anyways, Im hoping that only more experienced players play, and I'll make sure that the game is still balanced.

By this I presume you mean that you're trying to give them back an advantage you perceive them to have lost, since I have most certainly never heard of playing "dark" games IRL. 

I'm sure it can be balanced -- but first you have to know how much your "dark" setup affects things. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

oh geez, I'm thinking about some other wrinkles that I'm reading about that would totally go along with death note; but it would be so much of a mindfuck that I would probably keep it out of round 6 for now. Maybe round 8 with some kind of disclaimer that it would be incredibly hard