By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gaming Villains Showdown Round 1: The Helghast vs The Covenant

We have seen many gaming icon showdowns and it's always fun to decide who our favourite saviour of the day is. But what about the people on the other side of things? What about our beloved villains without whom, our heroes would certainly not be as popular. After the success of my graphics showdown, I decided to do a series of showdowns between the baddies of gaming. You will decide who is the coolest, most badass and ruthless villains in gaming (in short, your favourite villains).

This first battle is between the Helghast (Killzone franchise) and the Covenant (Halo Franchise). Let the voting begin!

Results

The Helghast win this war, 32-24...thank you for voting everyone :)

Helghast

Covenant

Around the Network

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Helghast.

Convenant.

Covenant (more variety in physical appearance and attributes).

Also, I think the picture you had for covenant originally was better and more representative of what a person can expect to encounter in single player (which is where their bad-assery comes from for both of them).

Around the Network

Covenant

In Halo you have to fight against a lot of very different enemietyps: Elite (yout picture), Grunt, Jackal, Brute, Hunter, Drones

and that are only the Covenant- there are still the Forrunner Drones and the Flood

In Killzone there are Hellgast and...?

My vote: Covenant

BTW: When I read your GT5P vs FM2 comparison I thought the next would be KZ 2 vs Halo 3, but in the grafical departement. This is the much better comparison- the GT5P vs FM3 was very pseudo.

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

Helghast...
those eyes.....

Phobos said:
Covenant

In Halo you have to fight against a lot of very different enemietyps: Elite (yout picture), Grunt, Jackal, Brute, Hunter, Drones

and that are only the Covenant- there are still the Forrunner Drones and the Flood

In Killzone there are Hellgast and...?

My vote: Covenant

BTW: When I read your GT5P vs FM2 comparison I thought the next would be KZ 2 vs Halo 3, but in the grafical departement. This is the much better comparison- the GT5P vs FM3 was very pseudo.

There is no contest between the visuals of KZ2 and Halo 3, KZ2 wins hands down...atleast with the GT5P vs Forza 2 comparison the games can be compared since they obviously use the same art styles and are the flagship racing games for each console.

I think the Helghast are cooler....

but the Covenant would destroy them in a war.

Helghast easily, the covenent don't even look like villains! they are too colourful