By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer reviews the Ps3 Slim

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ps3slim-hardware-test-article?page=3

"Overall then, it is difficult to argue that the PS3 Slim is anything other than a very worthwhile and desirable product. Sony has done good here. It's smaller, lighter, and follows in the tradition of the previous Slims in being a product where the cost-cutting has - by and large - been tastefully done to the point where the newer version is more desirable than the old. I like the matte plastics over the shiny fingerprint-friendly casing seen on the "Fat", I like the reduction in the somewhat tacky-looking chrome detailing, and the physical buttons feel solid and more responsive over the touch-sensitive versions. I don't particularly care about Linux going AWOL because the PS3 implementations were never that great anyway, but I do care about the lower power requirements, the lower levels of heat (which will help the unit's longevity) and the quieter cooler. It's nothing short of a massive win for Sony."

And here is Eurogamers look at its sales capatibility:

"Sony had a massive job on its hands in getting this hardware revision right, and in turn, getting the PS3 back on track as a price competitive, desirable console. Looking at the PS3 Slim as a final retail product, it's difficult to imagine just how much more they could have done on the tech side to make this happen. If a mere price cut can drive a 43 per cent sales boost for the Xbox 360 Elite, it will be interesting to see what PS3 Slim's lower RRP, new branding and improved product will do for its fortunes at retail. One thing's for sure - this year's Q4 sales are going to be very interesting."

Thoughts?

Around the Network

Eurogamer says something good about Sony...

It's official. Teh C3LL has teleported us to an alternate dimension.

^^ LOL ^^

weird sensation earing this from eurogamer... about time they come around and make a unbiased review

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

They realise they need to get aboard the bandwagon or they will be left behind.

Teh C3LL will torture them if they write something bad about the Ps3 Slim... Since the phat no longer is in stores, it will focus its might only on the Slim :p

Around the Network

Stop with the Eurogamer hating, believe it or not, but they are actually one of the better sites out there.

Except for a few of their articles and writers.... Man, the shitload of commotion they got over them sometimes was in between deserved and a little bit to much...

tedsteriscool said:

They say something positive because Sony did something positive... don't you think ?

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Sardauk said:
tedsteriscool said:

They say something positive because Sony did something positive... don't you think ?

That's the way I see it aswell. The PS3 has always been a powerful beast but if someone says Sony made it too powerful for it's own good or that they made some other poor decisions then it isn't immediatly fanboy behaviour. I too (as a 360 owner) think Sony made some really bad choices and said some very distasteful things. They deserved the sales they got after being so blindly arrogant but lately Sony has been doing great again, no sign of arrogancy but just saying it as it is. That's the Sony that made the PS2 and I don't mind seeing that Sony dominate the sale charts again. The way I see it, Healthy competition is good bot both sides.

tedsteriscool said:

4D WAS A REALITY!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey