By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - God of War Collection - SALES

I think 650k to 800k.

Around the Network

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

750k after 1 year, it is a must have for all trophy whores. TWO plats for $40.

I feel this game will do very well for some reason. 1M after a year.

400k first year

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

629k in 8 months!!

God of War Collection is already #24 on Amazon's video games list, and it isnt even going to be out for a couple months.

It's ranked ahead of Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Batman Arkham Asylum (360 version), Kingdom Heart 358/2, New Super Mario Bros DS, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Need for Speed Shift, etc.

Amazon isnt good for predicting sales, but it does show there is alot of interest in the GOW Collection.

Aion said:
400k first year

I think you're in for a surprise.

$40 price point = sales

1 million for sure.
40 bucks for 2 awesome games = win!

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Slimebeast said:
Khuutra said:
Slimebeast said:
Hero_time88 said:
Slimebeast said:

Even 500,000 is very very unlikely. After all both games are from last gen.

What about those GameCube re-releases for the Wii like Mario Power Tennis and Metroid Prime trilogy or those remakes of old games on XBLA/PSN that have done well?

I think a lot of Trophie Whores and hardcore gamers will pick this one up.

Yeah, what about them? Did they sell well?

Mario Power Tennis will be crossing the million threshold before too long, I figure.

Ive never heard about that game but Mario has a stronger selling power than God of War.

So 500k would be very surprising if this collection would sell (its not even got the GoW III demo as rumoured right?)

Although I kinda hope it'll sell well... well yes and no. I dont want to see a trend of rehatched old games (like greatest hits in the music industry, but if GoW 1+2 collection sells well theress a chance we will see an ICO + Shadow of colossuis compilation.

Actually, GoW is on par with Mario Power Tennis. It's actually bigger.

Mario Power Tennis GC: 1.22M

Mario Power Tennis Wii: At 0.89M, and should pass 1.22M. It's selling 8K/week currently (stabled out at that).

GoW 1: 3.21M

GoW 2: 2.50M.

Of course, this is irrelevant information - a GC sports game will generally look almost identical to a Wii one, whereas Ps2 720P won't make it look as Ps3 does.