By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Isn't Sony making a "big announcement" today?

yea.... the big thing was on october 10th... the 40 GB ps3 release...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

Yeah, I thought it was the 13th aswell. Perhaps they announced the 40gb earlier since everyone knew about it anyways.

I think it was supposed to be yesterday. Sony Europe denied there would be anything though.

Samuel might be right that it was the 40 gig announcement, which they decided to move ahead. Or it might have been one magazine making stuff up to get attention. If that's the case, it's a shame, because building hype for something that never comes is just as damaging to a company as negative news.

Lair 2

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

why would u care about sony... aren't you a nintendo fanboy.... its gettin sick... that everytime u get a chance to attack sony you do.... then again... its typical of a 12 year old like u to do that.

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
why would u care about sony... aren't you a nintendo fanboy.... its gettin sick... that everytime u get a chance to attack sony you do.... then again... its typical of a 12 year old like u to do that.

I see no attack on Sony hidden or not here. This thread is legitimate, there were more theories for the big announcement than the 40GB PS3 and they still might announce something else.

Ari_Gold said:

Well, thats one way to jump the gun. He made no sort of atk. I'm sure all 'gamers' are still curious as to what big announcements the 'other' systems are doing. If anything you made Sony fans look bad. ^_^

I guess if there's a big announcement scheduled for the 13th it may be the 40GB in America which has yet to be announced. They called it for Europe and Japan so why not I guess.

Ari_Gold said:

You just came from a Wii topic talking about disappointment in Wii games where you said nothing but "another one bites the dust..."

Hey kids.  Today's phrase is "immature hypocritical troll."  Say it with me!  

The sad thing is his post is a legitimate question and your post was exactly what you claimed he did.  So, I guess that makes you less mature than Soriku?   

Anywho, if it's typical of a 12/13 year old to do what you think Soriku has done, why are you making a fuss over it?