By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA Sales UP! -- PS3 DOMINATED Home Consoles!!

Wii_Master said:
Zucas said:
That is just a huge YoY drop for Wii. But I guess you can't say it is too surprising. But we are about to start seeing 360 be in the same range haha. Misery does love company.

Not bad increases for the PS3 and 360. I don't expect the 360's one to last too long. Just not enough to really warrant too many more purchases. Luckily though it has ODST at the later end of the month. As for PS3 definitely good and should be bigger next week as it will contain the official release date. We'll see how it stays as it could be difficult considering no big exclusive till Uncharted 2.

Of course I still must say in the wake of all this, Wii still isn't being affected too much. It's down YoY mainly due to its own account not really anything the competition did. And even when this happens it is still able to hold its ground fairly well. Of course that doesn't mean things are great by any standards, but it has refused to take a worst case scenario like it's competition has taken numerous times before it. But still going to be a decisive couple of months for Wii as it still needs to have some action to counteract these movements by its competition.

thank you you finally understand...1.7k over wii is not dominating and what my point is that with ps3 and 360 getting 100 dollar price cuts meaning they are only 50 dollars more yet wii only gets outsold by 1.7k...And while I expect PS3 to outsell Wii next week Not the 360...I say 360 will drop to 55k while PS3 will rise to 85K and Wii at 82K...

Honestly people talk about the Wii and HD consoles sales like they really have much to do with eachother. They don't. Since the beginning Wii sales have always been independent of the HD consoles. Most people who bought the Wii exclusively would never have bought any of the HD consoles. The only real fight is between the two HD consoles, its been that way since the beginning and it is still that way now.

That is not to say that Wii doesn't effect the other two consoles in other ways. SONY and MS would love to get their hands on even half the Wii owners and are currently doing their best to come up with their motion controls to do just that. When we get out of this recession and those Wii owners start to look for their second console purchase you can bet whoever has the best motion controls will end up the winner of that contest.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Wii_Master said:
Seece said:
I think PS3 could be around 140 - 150k next week, Wii won't geta ny boost .. and 360 100 - 120k

I expect PS3 at 95k-100k with Wii coming in a close second at 90k and PS3 at 85k.... 

Well you're going to be sorely dissapointed aren't you.

Hard not to be disappointed when you expect the PS3 to sell 95k-100k as well as 85k.

Seece said:
Wii_Master said:
Seece said:
I think PS3 could be around 140 - 150k next week, Wii won't geta ny boost .. and 360 100 - 120k

I expect PS3 at 95k-100k with Wii coming in a close second at 90k and PS3 at 85k.... 

Well you're going to be sorely dissapointed aren't you.

I don't understand his prediction either

Why would wii randomly get a boost, are customers for it coming out of thin air

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Now we can't even say the PS3 is domed We can say it's rather "flat" though!

It will be interesting to see how things start to pan out come November and Holiday Season. I may have to get a PS3 Slim on Black Friday if the deals are good enough!

yeah I know I made a mistake I have edited it and ofcourse I don't think Wii will outsell 360 next week considering I just relealized that 360 price cut wasn't for the full week and its hasn't even happened around the world all over the place....

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network
ruimartiniman said:

Very good numbers for PS3, 360 and PSP. Finally hd consoles are taking over wii. Let´s see what happens next week with first numbers of ps3 slim sales.

This is not taking over when it is only 1 week

but good for Sony the sales might actually match the hype

Thats not Domination bro.....selling a good 25k over your competition is domination

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Hilarious thread Darth... Some people are so quick to forget what happened when the 360 was marginally beating the competition. The same people going"Psh, this isn't domination" are the same people who were congradulating the 360 last year.

Well PS3 definitely did not dominate. I guess we will see next week.

It is absolutely insane to see Wii right up there with the two HD consoles and it is STILL going without a single price drop. It is actually sad to see how much Sony and MS need to do just to keep up with Wii for a few weeks/months.

Its just 1 K..

EDIT: OH its America! XD GO PS3! xD