By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - New advertising slogan for Sony.....

Last night I watched a advert for the new PS3 slim and they have a slogan saying " It does everything", but in my experience that should be "It costs you everything" as I have just had to pay out another £99 for it to be reapired, and to be honest i am not happy. the console didn't cost me anything to buy as it was free with my braodband but since I have had it it has cost me just under £300 to have it reapired. If I had know this when i got it I would have sold it to some other poor bugger. Anyway if Sony are listening what do you think to my new slogan... You could even show a picture of a working blu ray laser ( If they can find one that is) and say next to it " I bet you would like this, but as we are Sony Fxck off" just a thought.......

Around the Network

Are you 12?

No I am not 12 I am just unhappy with Sony for selling me a peice of junk and expecting me to pay for a known fault.. thats alll. I don't think its too much to ask...

hwy the hell did you repair it when you can get a slimmer version for £250.

Also stop ranting about it cause you got it free and paid nothing for it.If you want Sony to take care of your system then go an buy one which has a warranty.

Had a PS3 40gb from AOL... end 2007 I think. first problem was I updated the frameware and it crashed, called sony and they told me as I have updated the frameware and I have agreed to the update it was my fault and it needed to be restored. Sent to Sony and they did it for £99.. it was underwarranty but as I had updated it then it was some how my fault, second was the drive and that needed to be replaced, and guess what £99. It was only just out of warranty. Then this weekend drive angain so I thought as it has already been replaced it should be in warranty but guess what it is only for 3 months on the new drive, so yet again it is waiting for sony to pick up and extract another £99 out of me... Is that OK for you.. Kowenicki. the reason i am doing this is because when i last phoned them and we had a heated chat about if the replacement drive was in warranty or not I said that if I had to pay I would make sure I would do everything I could to make it as public as possible... and to be honest there are quite a few people wanting to know and write about it...

Around the Network

Maybe he had it repaired before the Slim was announced.

Not sure about his age but it is fair to say he is not the happiest PS3 owner. Are the adverts exclusively for the Slim or the PS3 in general. I have only seen the one advert and I cannot say I noticed.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

@Solid_snake... I said I got it from AOL for free, but nothing is free I pay for it with the 2 year subscription contract and monthy charge...

If you read his post it is the slogan used in the PS3 slim advert that has got his goat up. He does not say he owns a Slim.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

You got the shit for free...

Next time, pay for yours....

Also, doesn't everything you've payed amount for less than what the 40GB cost around the time you got it?

4 ≈ One