By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - First Try - Be gentle

Well I decided to try my hand at posting a video up on gametrailers. So I chose one of my favorite scenes from HL2: Episode 2 and made a video out of it using the source engines demo and video capabilities.  Let me know what you think.....

Can't get it embedded properly right now, will mess with it some more tomorrow, in the meantime the link is here.

If someone can get it embedded properly please do~

Anyways, the video compression was Xvid 1.1.3 MPEG-4 and the audio is Lame 192Kbps but GameTrailers takes the video and compresses it to hell and back.  Actually the video was taken in 1680x1050 and scaled down to 800x500 then I think GT scaled it to 480x409 which is a different aspect ratio...so I personally think its a miracle it looks as good as it does, but you guys be the judge.  

If I can find a decent place to host it I am going to post a copy of the 1280x800 version I did first. But it is a bit of a monster weighing in at 400 MB.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Don't play it myself but my son easily prefers this game on PC to any Halo game.

Nice video. Impressive for a game that old.

guigr said:

The game is not old, the game engine is old, but the devs are constantly adding new features...

On topic, Nice Vid, but there are 3 maybe 4 "easily visible" glitches (All part of the game), not your fault

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

HL2 on 360 looks better.

Yep it does.. lol

mM
FJ-Warez said:
guigr said:

The game is not old, the game engine is old, but the devs are constantly adding new features...

On topic, Nice Vid, but there are 3 maybe 4 "easily visible" glitches (All part of the game), not your fault

Actually one of them is my fault =)

I assume you are talking about when Dog glitches forward for the race? If so that is due to me pressing up against him, he doesn't do that if you aren't in his way, he needs room to turn around for the race is all.

Just curious but what were the other glitches?

@Galaki,

Thanks! I don't know why it wouldn't embed as flash for me earlier. Kinda confused, but at least you got it working.

To Each Man, Responsibility

@leo-j

Does that really matter? The game is much older on the PC, and the control system is much better.

Hell Steam is much better than L!VE anyways.

It's the best FPS I have ever played/playing (just started playing it, I didn't finish it the first time. I'm currently going up the coast in that car thing with them huge crabs. I can't find my way out).

ahh yes.. this is exactly why i prefer PC above PS3 and X360..the epic games..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Sqrl said:
FJ-Warez said:
guigr said:

Actually one of them is my fault =)

I assume you are talking about when Dog glitches forward for the race? If so that is due to me pressing up against him, he doesn't do that if you aren't in his way, he needs room to turn around for the race is all.

Just curious but what were the other glitches?

@Galaki,

Thanks! I don't know why it wouldn't embed as flash for me earlier. Kinda confused, but at least you got it working.

Is all about dog, when he is holding a strider part (Some sort of sheet) is clearly visible when the "sheet" dissapears and a new sheet appears (The one is flying througt the air), when dog throws it away there is one glicht...

The second one is after the "dog hug" performed by Alyx, looks like the right arm of dog can't hold his ground...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."