By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS3 Slim will sell mostly to existing PS3 owners

It certainly would go a long way to explain the lacklustre Software performance in Japan during a mega PS3 hardware sales week.

They do say the PS3 owners are well rich :)

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Around the Network

mmmm, i think you mostly wrong

PLAYSTATION®3

BoleroOfFire said:
Lol @ all the people that took this seriously. This is why these threads are still worth making.

Brett fell for it too:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5126

^ He didn't say most in the article.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Now that prices are much more even accross the board, SONY should keep outselling M$ WW like they did before M$ made it's cuts last year. It is obvious that price was a big issue for the PS3. No longer, tho.

Going to be fun reading more fanboy drivel in the comming months as the PS3 surges towards xmas.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network

One thing that supports the hypothesis that there were lots of re-buys in Japan is the preliminary data that the source gave.

He gave a low hardware estimate because it was based on software sales. Software clearly was unusually low for such a hardware bump. This isn't explained by an increase in used game sales, because while it's possible for used games to go up, what reason is there to believe they would go up disproportionately compared to new games?

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I think it's highly possible. it happens on all systems.

Some may give away their old PS3 to a friend or relative while they get the slim one. Others could just sell the old one to get the new one. And there are collectors too. So It's possible that a huge part of the sales are from current PS3 gamers who might also be early adopters.

lol nice one =) i still miss some sneaky overconfidence from you, try a little harder

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

my brother just bought his second ps3. his 60GB is having problems and sony wants to bill him $200 for it's repair.

he's going to give the operational but buggy ps3 to my other brother to get repaired.

we will find out next week