By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ratchet & Clank : TOD 1up REVIEW - 9.7 - AAAAAAAA!!!!!

leo-j said:
@joora

The computer kills the graphics. Seriously if you play it on a tv... It looks better than uncharted..

Don't get me wrong - R&C has very nice gfx from the technical aspects. I just have the feeling that actual visual gain from the last gen or wii comparable gamesis is not that big as with the realistic gfx games

Around the Network

I played the demo today. It looks nice and runs quite smooth. In the demo, there weren't any options for controls so that was a little negative, but it didn't bother me as I got through the demo without any trouble.

Now, this would be the first R&C game I've played so I'm not exactly sure about anything that's going on. Then again, that's what a Wiki is for so that shouldn't be a problem.

Still, I might as well start putting my gamefly account to good use now.

W29 said:
Good glad to hear that Ratchet and Clank has a good length. Just hope it can do good this season against Super Mario Galaxy. Those to platformers are going to be fighting for the consumers pockets.

Sony better advertise the heck out of this game, cause you can damn sure know that Nintendo will advertise Super Mario Galaxy like how Microsoft did with Halo 3.

I don't think any company will do that again for any game...untill maybe Halo 4. Seriously, Halo 3 was huge advertising >_>

Well finally a game on PS3 i wanna play, gotta go make friends with PS3 owners now ;o

joora said:
I have absolutely no intention of trolling, but does it seem that the gfx of R&C is comparable to SMG's (except SMG's being the lower res)?

I find it hard not to notice that stylized gfx work rather well on Wii, and that the vast horsepower difference between Wii and PS3 isn't that vast when comparing non-realistic gfx.

No, these graphics are way better than Mario's. The difference is Mario looks like a last-gen game with next-gen graphics, whereas Rathcet looks very powerful and mind blowing. It's hard to explain what I'm talking about. You would have to see the games side-by-side.

grandmaster192 said:
joora said:
I have absolutely no intention of trolling, but does it seem that the gfx of R&C is comparable to SMG's (except SMG's being the lower res)?

I find it hard not to notice that stylized gfx work rather well on Wii, and that the vast horsepower difference between Wii and PS3 isn't that vast when comparing non-realistic gfx.

No, these graphics are way better than Mario's. The difference is Mario looks like a last-gen game with next-gen graphics, whereas Rathcet looks very powerful and mind blowing. It's hard to explain what I'm talking about. You would have to see the games side-by-side.

Shigeru Miyamoto is the platform developer in the world.

Around the Network

Any reviews out yet that arent 1UP?

I stopped taking 1UP seriously a wee bit back, personally the EGM and IGN reviews will hold much more interest for me.

Insomniac really knows how to make PS3 games, well done.
The demo was a lot of fun, if the reviews stay this positive I'll definitely pick it up.

I always loved this quote regarding Super Mario Galaxy's graphics:

"This is not just the best-looking Wii title by miles, it's one of the best-looking games in the world full stop, HD or no HD. It's as smooth and shiny as silk, the colours are unbelievably vibrant, it's smothered in lustrous effects, and you feel like you can reach out and touch its chunky, cute and tactile designs. Super Mario Galaxy makes most hi-def games look about as solid and convincing as photographs pasted onto empty cereal packets."- Eurogamer.

What the hell is a cereal packet?

Apostrovich said:
What the hell is a cereal packet?