By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xboxist.com - 299$ Elite vs PS3 Showdown

bigdom2786 said:
MAFKKA said:
The only thing bothering me with this is the lack of Internet Browser, Life and VidZone in the "Additional Services" box.

Looking at "value for the buck", i'd say both pack a big punch. But WiFi is a big plus on the PS3 side. But being able to hack the console and download games for the 360 is just as big for the 360 side.

But as an average Joe, looking at them side by side. I'd go for PS3 based on that chart alone.

Which is why I think is this wasn't added....

Frankly if it wasn't for the fact that Xbox live wasn't free they would be even. It's still gonna be a few years before the majority uses wifi ( I just got wifi this year...and I'm a tech junkie...just a cheap one) and blu-ray isn't really need...if i wanted a bluray player...I'll buy one for 99 bucks off of amazon instead of paying 300 for ps3.

Problem is Avg Joe isn;t as informed as we are...so we dont know what's gonna happen.

Thats why i said "based on that chart alone"

If one were to look at that chart while contemplating a console purchase.. id say 9/10 would go PS3. Just because it looks like more bang for the buck. And blu ray sounds high tech. So people would go.. "well you get all this on this console, including blu ray. While it dosent come included in that one."

It would require alot of stupidity to buy, again.. based on that chart alone, the inferior console, just because i dont use wifi, blu ray or do online gaming. Why limit yourself when the price is the same?

This car includes breaks - but this dosent - "well, how often do i need to break, ill drive slow."

Just to emphasise.. im not hating on the 360. But that chart paints a picture about more included in the PS3 for the same price as the 360, that dosent have those features.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
MAFKKA said:
Thats original - a metacritic reference. Let it go son. You might feel better.

Oh I own all three, I feel just fine

All junkies feel fine, that dosent mean they are fine.

"I come to VGC to talk about games. Due to recent disturbances to the formerly calm, logical and good-natured decorum of the VGC Forums, I have made it my mission to cure Sony Selective Memory Syndrome:" - And that confirms your illness.

MAFKKA said:
starcraft said:
MAFKKA said:

"I come to VGC to talk about games. Due to recent disturbances to the formerly calm, logical and good-natured decorum of the VGC Forums, I have made it my mission to cure Sony Selective Memory Syndrome:" - And that confirms your illness.

One of the signs of SSMS is actually a refusal to engage with a poster's subject matter where that subject matter contradicts what the SSMS sufferer wishes to believe.

Typically, the diseased then resorts to personal insults instead.

Ringing any bells?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:

Xbox 360 AAA: 21    

PS3 AAA: 13

Wii AAA: 9

Xbox 360 85+: 68

PS3 85+: 54

Wii 85+: 22

Apparently it's a 2009 thing too.

I'm not saying the PS3 has a bad library.  I wouldn't own one if it did.  But there is a better one this generation.

To make sense of that you should take games that released only in 2009...

Asmo said:
starcraft said:

I'm not saying the PS3 has a bad library.  I wouldn't own one if it did.  But there is a better one this generation.

Why on Earth would I do that?

If I purchased a $299 Xbox 360 and a $299 PS3 I could purchase far more high quality games for the Xbox 360 than the PS3.

And I could most likely do so at cheaper prices.

Around the Network
Asmo said:
starcraft said:

Because people would only be interested in games that released in 2009?

I just bought a PS3 and the two games I bought were Valkyria Chronicles and Uncharted...neither of which were released in 2009...

starcraft said:
Asmo said:
starcraft said:

If I purchased a $299 Xbox 360 and a $299 PS3 I could purchase far more high quality games for the Xbox 360 than the PS3.

Yeah, right, you're going to buy 68 games and play them.. by the time you're done, it will be 2015 and you'd miss all the games between 2009 and 2015.

starcraft said:
Asmo said:
starcraft said:

Hope this doesn't include 05'-6...cuz then it wouldn't be fair considering that the ps3 or wii were released til nov of 06'

starcraft said:
MAFKKA said:
starcraft said:
MAFKKA said:

One of the signs of SSMS is actually a refusal to engage with a poster's subject matter where that subject matter contradicts what the SSMS sufferer wishes to believe.

Typically, the diseased then resorts to personal insults instead.

Ringing any bells?

Didnt know that what you've written was ment as a personal insult towards yourself. Sorry if i hurt your feelings.

bigdom2786 said:
starcraft said:
Asmo said:
starcraft said:

Hope this doesn't include 05'-6...cuz then it wouldn't be fair considering that the ps3 or wii were released til nov of 06'

Who cares about fair?  Does the fact the PS3 wasn't out stop you buying 2005/06 awesome games on the Xbox 360?