By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How will the PS3 surge pass the 360 in the future?

The only thing that could give sony the lead is the possible fanbase who havent switched over (who are switching to wii and 360 more every day so sony should hurry their ass), and the fact 360 has weak sales in japan, and should hit 2 million most if things continue. Also the Rrod could scare people away, so i hope they fix that soon, could give them alot of potential buyers.

Overall, i predicted ps3 to overtake 360, but right now, ps3 is getting its ass kicked, and its still 7 million sales down... and the gap grows as we go on

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

the ps3 will win. after all.
now with 399dllrs 40gb console.
they will kick some asses

In order for Sony to pass the 360 the PS3 needs to stay around 7 more years. If it continues to remain one of the cheapest Blu-ray players and continues to offer options that most BR players don't have, and BR wins the HD DVD market with at least 85% of the market, I see the PS3 passing the 360. That is, if consumers switch in mass to HD DVDs. Well this happen? I doubt it but I would like it to happen.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Do you want some fanboys to tell you that... then go to www.vidaextra.com an Spanish blog, and believe me there is a lot of people who is predicting the return of the PS3...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

I think the PS3 could pull ahead of the 360...the PS3's future titles seem more interesting than the 360's in my opinion. And it certainly does have some potential once developers figure it all out...none of this "Lair only uses 30% of the Cell" crap though...it's not like we're going to skip a generation in graphics or anything.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
friedtofu said:

Duh! Of course PS3 domination starts next year I mean look its got MGS4 FF13 Ratchet White Knight Story Tekken GTAIV will look better than 360 version plus RROD makes people scared of peice of crap 360 and MS only gets sales because people have to buy two or three after they die I bet they count the refurb warranty ones as a sale, they had their glory in Halo now its all over its Sony's turn now, plus Wii has weak graphics most people will get sick of Mario this and that, Fit will bomb who cares about aerobics its gay plus I forgot to mention PS3 is getting Africa and Little Big Planet I mean how can you not realize PS3 powns all next year omg wtf!!

phew!

I like how after you call Wii Fit gay, you then trump the ps3's Africa, a game where you photograph animals...ggaaayyy. Oh and all those great games you mentioned that will help ps3 you forgot Monster Hunter 3, that's going to be huge.

BenKenobi88 said:
I think the PS3 could pull ahead of the 360...the PS3's future titles seem more interesting than the 360's in my opinion. And it certainly does have some potential once developers figure it all out...none of this "Lair only uses 30% of the Cell" crap though...it's not like we're going to skip a generation in graphics or anything.

After looking at the list of release tittles for the 360/PS3 on a post I made most or like 75% of the games seem like they where multiplatform.  Of course this could change but I be curious to know which games your refering to or do you just mean KZ2, FF and GT etc?  I know my cousin can't wait for Little Big Planet and who knows what other games are lined up.  I mean those games could make for a big push for the PS3 which is great.  One thing I am waiting for is for this holiday to pass to see what games MS has lined up for us for 2008 and beyond that just haven't been announced.  I mean imagine if gears of war 2 comes out next holiday.  GTA4 should sell more on the 360 not just because of the installed base but the extra content should sway many gamers to that version.  If one thing is certain so far regarding the 360 is that the owners are going out and buying many games as indicated by the incredibly high attach rate.   You buy a 360 to play games vs there might be some people who just wanted a cheap blu-ray player. 

ps3 will pass by 2009.

justincoool said:
ps3 will pass by 2009.

So you're predicting roughly 17 million in sales for the PS3 in the next 14 months?

Okaaaaayy....

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

fooflexible said:
friedtofu said:

Duh! Of course PS3 domination starts next year I mean look its got MGS4 FF13 Ratchet White Knight Story Tekken GTAIV will look better than 360 version plus RROD makes people scared of peice of crap 360 and MS only gets sales because people have to buy two or three after they die I bet they count the refurb warranty ones as a sale, they had their glory in Halo now its all over its Sony's turn now, plus Wii has weak graphics most people will get sick of Mario this and that, Fit will bomb who cares about aerobics its gay plus I forgot to mention PS3 is getting Africa and Little Big Planet I mean how can you not realize PS3 powns all next year omg wtf!!

phew!

I like how after you call Wii Fit gay, you then trump the ps3's Africa, a game where you photograph animals...ggaaayyy. Oh and all those great games you mentioned that will help ps3 you forgot Monster Hunter 3, that's going to be huge.

Haha ok let me help you out.  I should have ended my post with '/end sarcasm'.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )