By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Ps3 slim has all but secured christmas, it's coming back fast!!!

Welcome back.

I

Around the Network

I thought I got rid of you ?

Welcome back!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I think it will beat the 360 over Christmas, but not the Wii.

With GT5 hitting this year, Europe will see some great figures for the ps3 and with Final Fantasy XIII hitting Japan this year, the ps3 should be dynamite for a few weeks.  America is what has me worried for sales in 09' because I don't think that GT5 & Uncharted 2 are going to do quite enough to take America from the 360 in 09'.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

i will seriously laugh if sony managed to outsell the wii.
and i hope they do it =).

Will you give me $1500 if I find a PS3 Slim on the shelves?

Around the Network
megaman.2. said:
Wii_Master said:
disolitude said:
Welcome back.

1. there is no brand loyalty in USA. those PS2 owners have moved on to Wii or 360. Or they find next gen still too expensive. And 299 isn't going to change that otherwise they would have picked up a 360 long time ago.

2. You don't know what you're talking about when talking about signs of "slowing down" Xbox 360 is the only console that is up YoY. And wii hasn't had a price cut since launch. If Wii all of a sudden comes out and announces 169 Wii console, PS3 slim price cut will be last weeks news.

3. There is no chance in hell Sony will outsell wii this holiday season. You don't know what happens to the wii for hollidays...it becomes THE perfect gift.

there we go we have the best answer on this thread.. after all the big bold part is to show what happens to wii sales when holidays come around especially this year because this holiday and next year will be the best year for wii owners who want third party support as this holiday season and next year proves that wii is getting a lot of great third party games and i would say that wii third party line up is as good as ps3's and 360's if not better. also what aout SMG2, NSMBWii, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Metroid Other M, Zelda Wii and more... The big bolded words show that wii sales grow bigger and bigger as holidays come around.

the other bold words that are normal size also show that is a fact.. cause if a 169 or even a 199 wii came out ps3 slim would be old news from like a year ago...also 360 is keeping up with its own yoy sales and sometimes even does better than last year...so what about a 299 elite? then there is forza to compete with GT5 so there you have it.

oh and the last part i forgot to say... There is no chance in hell Sony will outsell wii this holiday season.

also i would like to thank disolitude for pointing out the things...

Fair point Disoliyude and Wii_Master, but what you both fail to understand is that over hte next couple of months those 100m+ ps2 owners will be purchasing a ps3. they have been waiting since 2006 for the console to drop to $299

you also have a fair point but i don't think that all the 100M+ ps2 owners will will pick up a ps3 because some may even not want a next gen console or have moved onto the wii cause of its intutiveness or moved onto the 360 cause it basically offers the same thing as ps3 but for less. those who wanted a ps3 from the strat probably already picked it up cause i don't think they would wait until after 3 years...so i really don't think your logic is true...but its an opinion..so good luck hope your predictions are right but my predictions have more of a chance to be true...and one of my main prediction is that There is no chance in hell Sony will outsell wii this holiday season.

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Xoj said:
i will seriously laugh if sony managed to outsell the wii.
and i hope they do it =).

you wish....

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Rath said:
Will you give me $1500 if I find a PS3 Slim on the shelves?

i am sorry for triple posting...

will you give me $1500 for finding a slim ps3 on the shelves...

*goes to store to find out that there are hundreds of slim ps3's*

*comes back with $1500 and a 360 elite cause already have a wii*

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝