By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Metroid Prime trilogy sales predictions.

I just received mine (imported it from the US since I don't know if we'll get the metallic box in Europe) and... WOW... just for the packaging, it would be worth it. And it's a great excuse to replay the whole saga :)

I would say 500k it's a given. I don't think it'll get to 1M, though.

Around the Network

I would say 300K first week as there is already 100k pre-orders in the us and i would expect another 100k with europe adding in 50k so i am thinking at 250k first week with lifetime of 1.5m to 2m.. I think it can do 2m lifetime......

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

2 M lifetime is the most laughable prediction yet. Don't be silly... MP3 wasn't even able to do such numbers. I will stick to my predictions. They may end up higher but never above 1 million.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

What it deserves?

10 million+

what it will get?

1 million tops.

trestres said:
2 M lifetime is the most laughable prediction yet. Don't be silly... MP3 wasn't even able to do such numbers. I will stick to my predictions. They may end up higher but never above 1 million.

well not really its possible...like ph4nt said it desrves 10m+ but will not get that much but i see 2m happening because the preorders are 100K in the us alone count canada and europe and i think it should be able to get to 300k first week and 2m lifetime..just so you know the game is sold out here in my area and i am not talking about going 10km the farthest i went 50km and still sold out also soldout near the border of us and sold out in buffalo ny 

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝         

Around the Network

100k first week, 500k lifetime

I dont think itll reach 1million. Do we even know if Nintendo is making multiple shipments of the game? Its tin case makes me think its more of a limited time deal.

500k-600k tops.

100k-150k first week.

Really don't have much answer for long time sales. Really could sell steadily like Punch Out but hard to tell right now. But should have a decent opener for a collector's edition.

We sold out first day at my Gamestop store haha if that means anything to anyone.

My store got in six copies.
We got a lot more Batmans then anything else.

I'll be sure to see what the sales are but I'm not seeing a lot.

It's just that simple.

Zucas said:
100k-150k first week.

Really don't have much answer for long time sales. Really could sell steadily like Punch Out but hard to tell right now. But should have a decent opener for a collector's edition.

We sold out first day at my Gamestop store haha if that means anything to anyone.

yeah i know its sold out here as well within 50km everywhere i called they said i am sorry we are sold out although we expect shipments from nintendo on thursday....hmm so everybody who doesn't have one and are in this area has to wait till thursday? so he says i can check if any other store has it and i am like sure...so after 3 mins he comes back on the phone and says yeah i guess everyone wil have to wait cause we are all sold out at all nearby store and i checked upto 50km away...you want me to check any further? and i am like no its okay so basically yeah i expect this to do good....i know that it doesn't mean anything to lifetime sales but i juast have a feeling that it will sell 1.5m if not 2m

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
╚══╝╚╩╝