By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Slimebeast predicts: NPD and remaining PS3 & X360 sales 2009

@dsolitude oh the denial...but I know you're not a blind fanboy and you'll become "a proud owner" of a PS3 soon....

Around the Network

@slimebeast Blu-ray is key.

The said:
@slimebeast Blu-ray is key.

You said it. I wanted to avoid mentioning Blu-ray because ppl would argue that it hasnt helped the sales of PS3 much before.

The said:

@dsolitude oh the denial...but I know you're not a blind fanboy and you'll become "a proud owner" of a PS3 soon....

Indeed... When you decide to upgrade to the slim and are selling your 60 GB backwards compatible model...I'll be the one that buys it of craigslist for 200 bucks.

(shrugs) when you talk about "mass market" we have to talk about all the people who may be no more than casual players but will also appreciate a good HD movie player in a conviniently priced package.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
disolitude said:
Slimebeast said:
disolitude said:

Are you US based Slimebeast? Cause the excitement for PS3 slim here in NA has been minimal so far. Hell, they are already selling it at HMV next to my work and got plenty...most of the people are not biting yet.

I don't know about Europe as I don't live there, but NA won't go to PS3 this year.

You can quote ME on that.

Japan will be a 360 raping though...

No, Im European based, but I dont know the temperature here in Sweden when it comes to Slim. But history tells us that Europe loves PS3.

Look, the guy above, bigdome, believes PS3 Slim will double in Sep NPD USA from 220K last year. So compared to that 380K is almost conservative.

(Btw, I hope you are right about the US temperature)

Like slim will shift units in NA don't get me wrong...but 299 is still pricey for mass market here. First few weeks will have people upgrading from PS3 fat and new PS3 customers attracted by the price.

By October though it will be xbox land again. Especially with COD and Halo around. You may be right that PS3 will win Sept NDP but I don't see them winning Oct, Nov and Dec.

Remember that the mass market bought 50 million Wiis at $249. $299 is almost the same - how can a consumer make such a big difference between a #4 and a #9 squeezed in there?

Wii is a different experience, and different market for the most part. There isn't a cheaper version of the wii that plays 90% of the same games.

There is no brand loyalty in north america. Glory days of PS2 are pretty much forgotten here. I know dozens of people that had PS2s back in the day and have never even played xbox1 and are now xbox owners without much thought.

^the Wii will suffer the PS3 attack, but the truth is the numbers the PS3 will gain would've been mostly 360 numbers.

@dsolitude How many 360s have been sold at $200 I wonder? All xbox fans claim the Pro model sells more at $300....so obviously $300 is not that high now is it? Why would anyone buy a $300 X360, next to a $300 Blu-ray PS3? You said it yourself, there's no brand loyalty, who cares about ONE game named HALO? And you mentioned COD...guess what? It's on the PS3 and you can play it ONLINE FOR FREE OUT OF THE BOX. I don't think Slimebeast is overpredicting here at all.

Sorry double post....

btw you havent responded to what I said Slimebeast about sept...

The said:
@dsolitude How many 360s have been sold at $200 I wonder? All xbox fans claim the Pro model sells more at $300....so obviously $300 is not that high now is it? Why would anyone buy a $300 X360, next to a $300 Blu-ray PS3? You said it yourself, there's no brand loyalty, who cares about ONE game named HALO? And you mentioned COD...guess what? It's on the PS3 and you can play it ONLINE FOR FREE OUT OF THE BOX. I don't think Slimebeast is overpredicting here at all.

Gears

Forza

Rare games

Mass Effect ( until ps3 version comes out)

Fable

What were u saying?

Yes the ps3 has bluray

Yes, the ps3 has free ( though flawed) online.

But it doesnt have any BC compared to the 360 and Live has been proven to be worth what you pay for.

Netflix now is handling the HD moveis ( You still got to remember to watch movies you have to buy a bluray )

And the most important thing....the both play games are graphically equal.

So why is the ps3 better than 360 at its pricr point again?

Though I agree mostly ( I still think sept is alittle low on both consoels) with SlimeBeast, dosolitude has a point. Esp. when the 360 has done either on par or better than it did last year so far and in sept of last year it do more than what slimebeast posted for next month and it didn't have a big time exclusive....