By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "Sony Asks $315 To Fix New PS3 Blu ray Problem"

ocnkng said:
waron said:
sony's ps3 service was after all named as the worst service among all big 3 - i'm not suprised.

Dude you seriously need to keep your PS3 hate under control. At this rate you would need to visit a shrink ASAP.

Opps I see you got banned. Now that will give you some much needed rest.

cheerio.

LMAO. what ever will he do in his spare time now? I shudder to think that he will actually play his console, instead of hating on PS3.

Around the Network
blazinhead89 said:
ocnkng said:
waron said:
sony's ps3 service was after all named as the worst service among all big 3 - i'm not suprised.

Dude you seriously need to keep your PS3 hate under control. At this rate you would need to visit a shrink ASAP.

Opps I see you got banned. Now that will give you some much needed rest.

cheerio.

LMAO. what ever will he do in his spare time now? I shudder to think that he will actually play his console, instead of hating on PS3.

Go on youtube and spam PS3 videos is what he'll do lmao

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

Eh. =/ This is a bit sketchy.. I mean, this is the first time I've seen a pS3 repair price so high.

..So this means what now?...

yeah...mine was $200 canadian. it doesnt seem a surprising cost since its australia.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
dbot said:
bigdom2786 said:
RukiSama said:
bigdom2786 said:
...ok time out....the ps3 is 700 bucks in Austraila? Who would buy that in that price?

awww~ c'mon. I know you can figure out by yourself that the australian dollars isn't equal to the american.....

also, price are made according to the general wealth of a state

Still 700 x .835= 584.50.....compared to the 400 we pay now?

The rest of the world subsidizes gaming in the US.  Please don't ask any questions.  We shouldn't discuss this further.

Well we do have a 10% GST added into that, so its more like $520 US, but yeah essentially we do get screwed repeatedly when it comes to console prices... 360 and PS3 games retail for $120 when theyre released here, which is more than $90 US even after you take out the tax. It was way worse when the AUD was buying .95 US though..

Xoj said:
Seece said:
Xoj said:
sounds too fishy.

highest it's 150$ but they replace the whole console.
its less than 70$ to fix blu ray.
and the 299$ cost now , too fishy.

Did you even read the article ...

yes, and it looks fabricated, lens it's a common problem from DVD, notebooks, 360s,

even the wii had lens problems. even here polls say ps3 fail its less than 5%.

and sony refurbish ps3 its 150$ everywhere out of warranty, and sometimes even free if you are just a few weeks off. (at least for me i only had to play shipping).

and you don't expect to believe they are charging 315$ for a lens exchange, the parts cost like 50$.

they are exagerating a common problem. trying to make it sound all ps3 are faulty. the console are not dead, lens burned.

its like dead pixel problem. part of the technology, its fixable, and cheap to fix.

and they even found a australia division and nobody knows anything about when everywhere in the world its 50-150$

150$ its only for overheating consoles, sicne they can't fix it.

The $315 figure is Australian dollars not US like you're quoting, I suggest you check the article again but this has been mentioned already in the discussion inbetween the off topic posts.

@darendt, I'm pretty sure the early BD lasers before the type 2 introduction are signiifcantly worse than any DVD laser in the 360's.  Of course overall reliability on the 360 is stil absolutely shocking on the 360 anyway though.  One thing that has been brought to my attention though on 360 lasers is just how badly they were calibrated during manufacturing, many are miles off where they should be when checked and calibrated properly.  This is why many 360 lasers are killed quickly when people flash drives as the lasers are under constant strain to read disks due to the low power output.

blackops said:

I was talking about the US media.

And this is an Australian article. Why are you talking about some alleged US media bias then? It is not even close to relevant.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

ps-button said:
You a fucking liar, why are you mentioning xbox in the thread? stop the fanboy shit. Call Sony right now and ask him if this is true. Outside of the warranty systems get exchanged for 149$. Sony doesnt fix anything , they fucking exchange it. just a dumb sony hater

I feel a perma-ban for this one...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I'm gonna mention it again - Norway, 5 years consumer electronics warranty by law. They fix it for free and send it back to you for free.