By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lens of Truth Batman Arkham Asylum PS3/360

@ waron, you mean like on the security guard's face?

Around the Network
MAFKKA said:

This means that on the PlayStation 3, you could see your surroundings better, which helps out when you’re being attacked by multiple bad guys. A zoomed in camera may not be a big issue until you’re in close quarters and not sure where to go because you can’t see as much.

Is this a joke ? When "being attacked by multiple bad guys", the camera become instantly distant. Maybe they should actually play the game...

win win situation for both PS3 and 360 owners, not much to discuss here really.

Cryoakira said:
MAFKKA said:

This means that on the PlayStation 3, you could see your surroundings better, which helps out when you’re being attacked by multiple bad guys. A zoomed in camera may not be a big issue until you’re in close quarters and not sure where to go because you can’t see as much.

Is this a joke ? When "being attacked by multiple bad guys", the camera become instantly distant. Maybe they should actually play the game...

You are right there, but even on the PS3 version, I did find the camera slightly too close for navigating in general. Maybe the camera become less distant on the 360 version than the PS3

Masakari said:

Well, Digital Foundry says the 360 version is slightly better in visuals due to 2x MSAA, having additional motion blur and SSAO, and less screen tearing (1,7% on PS3, 0,2% on 360).

And frankly, DF is better than any other technical site around, so i prefer to trust them. Judging on reading both articles, it's clear that DF did a better, in-depth job, than LoT.

What i'm waiting for is seeing which is better - the 360 version, or the PC version.

The analysis of DF is based on the demo. And do not even talk that the lighting is better on the PS3, as seen in the second shot. In general they are very fond of the Xbox and are working to a site that clearly likes the XBOX.
A lens of truth speaks more of what really can see and not effects that are there but can´t be seen

Around the Network

Actually, you can clearly see the 360 has better lighting. DF isn't particularly found of 360, it's not their fault most multiplats are better on 360, it's just the way it is.

As it is, having 2x MSAA and SSAO makes this decision pretty easy between the consoles. Of course, the PC version is probably superior.

It looks better on the PS3, well thats a first

honestly i don't see any difference what so ever.

any one that thinks PS3 looks better or 360 looks better needs to get a life.

Funny, in the video the only thing that really stood out as an obvious difference was the shading of the riot mask on that dude's face. At the end of the day the game looks great on either console, so exclusive content on the game out of the box (i.e. not DLC you pay extra for) has to mean owners of both consoles will buy the PS3 version.

I've never played a 3rd person action-adventure game on PC and I wouldn't be starting with this one.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

3rd person = console
1st person = PC