By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - APB Developers Open To PlayStation 3 Version

APB Developers Open To PlayStation 3 Version

Link: http://www.gamingunion.net/news/apb-developers-open-to-playstation-3-version--366.html

APB Developers Open To PlayStation 3 Version

Posted on 24/08/2009 by Darryl

There has been much speculation about All Points Bulletin recently, specifically revolving around the Xbox 360 version of the game. However, we managed to get an answer from Realtime Worlds regarding the state of the Xbox 360 version.

The current situation with the Xbox 360 wasn't the only piece of information extracted though, as it appears that Realtime Worlds have completely free licence to release APB on any system they choose.

When asked about the possibility of APB appearing on the PlayStation 3, Chris Dye, the Community Relations Manager for Realtime Worlds, said that,

Everything is open to us, we aren't tied in to Microsoft, Sony or anyone. Once the PC version is out there and hopefully it's a big success, we'll see what offers are around.

Nothing is set in stone yet, but it looks like there is scope for it to appear on both the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC should the situation be right

Around the Network

okie im bad with initials...whats ABP?

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

LMAO I am going to LOL so hard if this goes to the PS3...

Ssliasil said:
okie im bad with initials...whats ABP?

Oh and its APB, All Points Bulletin, if you haven't heard of it think GTA in MMO form.

Why would it be so funny if this happened? Was it supposed to be X360 exlcusive?

Around the Network

As I said before, every smart 3rd party company should go multiplatform. The userbase is just too big (over 24 million for PS3, over 30 million for 360). The only possible exception is when a publisher helps finance the game (Heavy Rain, Gears) and even then I think the developer should be smart enough to port it later on, because there's money to be made (I guarantee 400k of bioshock on PS3 has more than covered the porting expense).

This means... what now?

That's nice but I guess I was mistaken because I thought it was coming to PC, PS3 and 360 already.

GTA where you have to pay to play.
like the normal one wasn't bad enough.

Necromunda said:
LMAO I am going to LOL so hard if this goes to the PS3...

It won't and I doubt it'll be on the 360 either....