By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 5 Funniest Games of All Time

There are some feats that are more difficult to pull off in the field of video games than any other form of media. While most games nowadays usually consist of shooty bangy kill-fests with some brooding sprinkled on top, there have been games that managed to put on a happy face while still being able to produce an enjoyable experience.

5. Armed and Dangerous (Xbox, PC)

Great, now the land isn't safe!

A little gem from LucasArts that faded away in the memories of most, Armed and Dangerous was a run-and-gun action game with all the explosions, bullets, and tea-sipping robots anyone could ask for. Strange weapons such as the Land Shark Gun (pictured above), the Topsy Turvy Bomb, and the tuba-shaped mortar launcher kept combat interesting in what would have otherwise been a run-of-the-mill shooter. Also, the zippy dialogue delivered by your comrades added a smidgen more of quality comedy (even though they got old fast).

While the one-liners spewed from you and your allies got repetitive over time, the real comedic genius resided in the between-level cutscenes which included various forms of bizarre comedy (and some uncomfortable moments) that will more than likely cause your bowels to empty from all the laughing.

Notable quote:

Soldier (Russian accent): GIVE ME THE KEEYS!

Rexus: What the bloody hell is this man saying...? Give him a kiss?

Soldier: GIVE ME THE KEEYS NOW!

Rexus: Okay, but I...*kisses soldier*

Soldier: AGGH! WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING!? GIVE ME THE KEEYS!

Rexus: I'm sorry, I can do better! Its been so long since I kissed a man!

If you want to check out some true comedic genius but either can't find a copy or are a little short on cash, there's a bunch of videos on hosting sites to grant you access to some real comedy gold.

4. Resident Evil: Director's Cut (PS1, Saturn)

oh my gosh there is a zombie trying to eat me oh no help.

Maybe its just me but there's been a question I've had about this game ever since the first day I played it: Where the hell did they find these actors? For those unfamiliar, Resident Evil: Director's Cut is notorious not only for its clunky control scheme but also its F-list acting quality in both dialogue and live action cutscnes. Every single line is delivered in such a hailariously robotic way that I honestly think the developers intentionally casted the worst possible talent to make the game memorable for years to come.

Okay, so there was the parts where you would get some random "BOO!" scares but, all in all, any game that has live action cutscenes with "actors" they may have well (and probably did) pull off the streets negates the jumpy bits.

Notable quote:

Barry: You almost became a Jill Sandwich!

Who the hell references sandwiches to explain another person's near-death experience? Barry, that's who.

3. Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)

This is the only picture Gamespot would allow me to use

Remember the days when you wer in the 4th grade and you and your buddies were sitting in the grade school cafeteria exchanging poo jokes? Guess what, someone was taking notes because Conker's Bad Fur Day was the epitome of crude (and sometimes downright smutty) video game humor. Everything from giant singing piles of dookie to flowers with...certain assets made Conker's Bad Fur Day the funniest game on the Nintendo 64 and the third funniest of all time.

Notable quote:

Anything the Great Mighty Poo sings

Honestly, just look up some of the cutscenes and you'll have a childish snicker or two.

2. We Heart Katamari (PS2)

Not pictured: Sanity

We Heart Katamari, the sequel to the under-the-radar Katamari Damacy, is a game that manages to be hilarious and disturbing at the same time. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing funnier than rolling a sumo wrestler into food to make him grow into a massive man-moon but there's something disturbing about making him bigger when you also roll up people...Yeah.

In any case, the entire experience is packed with psychadelic goodies that will make any sane man curl up in a corner and suspect that he was drugged in his sleep, which is funny...Err, I think. Come to think of it, this game is more disturbing than funny.

Ah, never mind.

1. Portal (PC, 360, PS3)

"Are you still there?"

Easilty one of the greatest puzzle game in years, Portal delivered ineteresting (and disorienting) gameplay coupled with Cohen Brothers-esque dark humor. The turrets (pictured above) and GLaDOS are some of the most recognizable characters in video games yet, mainly for the turrets' relaxed demeanor and GLaDOS's sarcastic comments throughout the game. On a side note, the ending song in the Portal credits is easily the greatest piece of music to accompany any credits. Ever.

Notable quote:

GLaDOS: Did you know you can donate one or all of your vital organs to the Aperture Science Self Esteem Fund for Girls? It's true!

You can pick up a copy of Portal alone for the PC but I highly reccomed purchasing The Orange Box if you want to get the most bang for your buck...Even if Portal is worth the price of admission alone.

The cake is a lie.

Around the Network

No monkey island means this list is fail!!!!

(actually its a pretty good list)

Godhand is also pretty funny.

Heres the funny conker part you were refeering to.

everdom said:
No monkey island means this list is fail!!!!

(actually its a pretty good list)

yeah ! Monkey Island is pretty funny too

I think Godhand is quite funny as well, in a weird way.

Around the Network

My number 1 is EyePet for PlayStation 3. I play this game on the GamesCom. It was very funny..it is awesome =)

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

The Funniest game ever is "Invriduble Crisis"]

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Portal and WLK there...ok, good list

You should add any Monkey Island and Disgaea

Prob NMH?

I can top all of these, how about an enemy which is just legs and a bum it shoots poo and im pretty sure the vagina has teeth and i agree with the dialog in resident evil is shocking, you where almost a jill sandwhich but yeah skip the video to 2:03