By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New PSN ToU...

Here's the new PSN Terms of Use agreement, dubbed "Version 2.0". The new stuff is in red.

Version 2.0? Maybe it has something to do with firmware 2.0? Home? Most of the new info deals with third parties accessing your information via PSN, user-created content on PSN, gameplay stats, and pre-paid PS Store cards. It sounds like they're prepping for the rollout of the Home Beta/firmware 2.0.

This section stood out to me:

"You hereby authorize SCEA to use, distribute, copy, display, and publish information relating to your game play for gaming purposes including tournaments and ranking, without payment to you."

Official PlayStation gamercard of some sort? A Home card for your online profile that lists trophies, stats, and other things?

This new ToU doesn't go into effect until Oct. 30th, about the time when the 40gb, comes out.  Also, tomorrow is the 12th, so the Home beta could be one of those big three announcements rumored for tomorrow. The fact that the new ToU just went online today is rather interesting.

Around the Network

Did you hear? Home was Delayed till next year.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

The official release of Home was delayed, but the open beta is still right on time. :D

Basically, now Sony can release Home like they originally planned, but can't be blamed for any major glitches or anything, because it's not "official" yet.

Wait what? I read somewhere i read its not coming till spring 2008. How do you get into the beta? What is a beta? Just to play it for free?

You've never participated in a beta before!?! Damn man. For every game, the stage prior to going gold is called the "beta" stage. During this period, developers vigorously test the game to make sure there are no bugs or glitches. For online multiplayer games (and other programs, like Home), developers will often send out beta versions of the program to trial users not employed by the studio, so they can test it and provide feedback.

Betas like this come in two forms, a closed beta, where only specific people selected by the dev team can get in, and an open beta, where anybody can download the software and start testing it out. There has been a closed beta of Home going on in the EU since June or so, consisting of 20-30,000 people. Sometime over the next couple of months, an open beta across all continents is scheduled to begin.

This open beta has been scheduled for months, and at TGS, Home was officially delayed to '08, but the open beta was not.

Around the Network

Whats a beta I can get into right now beside home?

Hm, I dunno. I'm sure there are loads of PC games being beta tested right now. The last games I beta tested were Supreme Commander, Company of Heroes, and the Lord of the Rings Online.

roadkillers said:
Whats a beta I can get into right now beside home?

I'm not aware of any beta's going on right now besides home, but a great way to set up for that is by going to the playstation website and signing up for G.A.P. and registering your hardware there.  When you are in GAP they will send you demos for the PSP (i get them about once a month and a beta about once every couple months) and beta's for the PS3 that are closed.  Open beta's are for anyone and will likely be sent out via the playstation store. 

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

You can't just sign up for GAP. They sent out random invites to PlayStation Underground members. I've been waiting for an invitation for quite some time now. It makes me so mad when some guy that's been on the forums for only a month gets an invite and I don't. :(

There sending out GAP invites this month, btw, and then some more in December.

makingmusic476 said:
You can't just sign up for GAP. They sent out random invites to PlayStation Underground members. I've been waiting for an invitation for quite some time now. It makes me so mad when some guy that's been on the forums for only a month gets an invite and I don't. :(

There sending out GAP invites this month, btw, and then some more in December.

Ahhh, that I did not know.  I've been a member of the GAP since 2002 and at that time we could just sign up for it.    I hope you get a chance at getting into the GAP, it's been great for me to get some demos and beta's for the PSP.   I had been in several betas as well for the PS2, but it's been a while since they sent me anything for that system, but I'm fine with that.   I'm just waiting for some PS3 betas to get into now. 

Everything I read there in the TOS when I got the email tonight really points hard that the Home beta will be out on October 30th or shortly after.  If they weren't planning on releasing the open beta, they wouldn't have added in specific activities that could only happen via a "Virtual Community" which is one word they did use directly.  Also, look for something involving the Eye toy to be announced as well. 

But, will this be the only big news they will have? (Besides the 40gb)  If it's going to be a huge day, I would expect there to be many small announcements of something coming in the very near future that will make a bunch of little news huge news.  

I'm still praying that they announce that Socom Confrontation will come out this year. :) 

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.