By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could the best PES '08 be on..... the Wii? (IGN preview)

Really NJ5 because I looked at the original post and there's nothing that I see that couldn't be done with a mouse, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if this is the PC's control scheme as well.

Around the Network

A mouse is not the same as a screen pointer. Think about the effect of automatic scrolling, I don't think it would be intuitive... Not to mention the motion controls themselves (on a mouse you only have 2 or three buttons).

And the PC demo of this game is already out, I didn't hear anything about such mouse controls.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

finally a good realisctic sports game for the wii! EA should take some pointers!

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

Legend11 said:
Umm... Is PES Evolution Soccer 2008 coming to PC as well because the control scheme they described sounds suspiciously like one that would be used with a mouse. In fact it sounds like a pretty standard PC control scheme so it's funny that they would call it radical.

Halo was 'radical' for doing things that had been done on the PC for ages as well.

Soccer games, so much fun playing it with friends, and I have to say is pretty addicting, and with these controls they are just going to get better. This game is in my radar :)

Around the Network

No Legend, the PC ver. doesn't has that control scheme.

Rath said:
Legend11 said:
Umm... Is PES Evolution Soccer 2008 coming to PC as well because the control scheme they described sounds suspiciously like one that would be used with a mouse. In fact it sounds like a pretty standard PC control scheme so it's funny that they would call it radical.

Halo was 'radical' for doing things that had been done on the PC for ages as well.

PWNED

fazz said:
Rath said:
Legend11 said:

PWNED

Err... a bit off-topic but what the heck does PWNED mean? Nobody explains meeee....

Legend11 said:
Really NJ5 because I looked at the original post and there's nothing that I see that couldn't be done with a mouse, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if this is the PC's control scheme as well.

That's exactly what I told my friend (a PC-fanboy)... The control scheme could be ported to the PC. However the PC version of the games in the past have been standard...even to the point that when you want to change players names you have to enter them via controller and not the keyboard...SO....No this has not been done before, could have been done, but it took the wii for them to do it.

by the way. seriously excited for this game. I had some of their ideas long before the release but they just added even more stuff that I did not fathom.

PES wii version is PES meets RTS games.

EDIT: suffering from dyslexia today.

it's funny that people say the wii dumbs down controls...and yet the wii can make a more complex, yet intuitive game (assuming the game turns out great).

gamingdevil said:
Err... a bit off-topic but what the heck does PWNED mean? Nobody explains meeee....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn