By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk FULL TGS 2007 Trailer, Good Quality

Soriku said:
BengaBenga said:
@HappySqurriel,
ToS sold over a million on GC alone, so definitely not bad.

Game looks amazing. Easily my most wanted game (well with Fire Emblem X).
If they make the story as compelling as the first one that will be another 70 hours well spent.

I beat ToS 18 times and have 750+ hours clocked .

That young kid is really hardcore. It hurts my pride, but he is the TOS authority on this site. Mania mode on TOS is not easy even with 10X xp.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

I beat it 1 time and thought it to be quite an achievement.

How wrong I was...

Soriku said:
BengaBenga said:
@HappySqurriel,

If they make the story as compelling as the first one that will be another 70 hours well spent.

Wow... man I don't know what to say... that's actually kind of sad. Why play one game 18 times? I'm sure you could have seen everything there is to see your 3rd time through could u not? I mean I almost beat it twice... and that's a lot of gameplay man. 70 hours X 2... 140 hours on one game... money well spent in my mind. But 18 times?!?!?! You need a job or something.

Just kiss the tip.

RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:
Soriku said:
BengaBenga said:
@HappySqurriel,

That young kid is really hardcore. It hurts my pride, but he is the TOS authority on this site. Mania mode on TOS is not easy even with 10X xp.

Mania mode is easy with 10x exp and titles.

Titles boost your stats more than the 10x exp (which is essentially 5x exp, because the game doesn't want you to get that many exp after a while) can ever do.

Btw, a playthrough takes about 12 hours if you know what to do on a new game +.

Titles help more than xp, you are right (1000 att, mg). Leveling up is not enough sometimes. On my 1st playthrough sometimes I got my ass kicked at arena even at lvl 80+. You can only use titles effectively from your 2nd play on. You could get berseck title azt the start just killing bunnies, but that is so boring.

Completing the game multiple times is good for grade? I need at least 1000-1300 so I do not lose the titles, recipes, tech usage, monster and item list. My 70+ first time through got only 1600 grade. Do I get much more on 12 hours run. The grade plus gives about 5X more grade on normal battles.

12 hours sound sweet. Please post some tips.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Soriku & Rol: Do you get multiple endings?

And does the game (or save) automatically know I finished the game? I didn't start a second game after I finished it. Do I have to finish the final fight again, or do I get the Grade automatically when I start a new game? And what can you get for this Grade?

What can you take with you a second playthrough? And levelling is faster?

Around the Network
Soriku said:
BengaBenga said:
@HappySqurriel,

Wow, that sounds insane! I only beat it once...

Am I still allowed to have Lloyd as my avatar?

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

I did not know about getting the grade spent back. Great. I am just a very impatient gamer. I try to get all the stuff in 3 plays at max. I got 90% of the titles in the 1st time, recipes are maxed for 6 characters, monster book is also 95% done. If I could do it in 12 hours I might play more than 3 times.

Satan said:

The most painfull titles for me are:
Friendship first - no deaths until you get Collete back
I hate Gels - no gels until very late in the game (does not go well with the above)
Eternal "something" - only wooden sword till a early boss fight (easy only after 1st play)
I think the 145 combined level or less gives Gung Ho title (can not remember the guy name)

I still do not know how to get 2 Sheena`s titles
the run from 50 battles (did not work for me)
and the use 2 special "Z" kind attacks (forgot the nazme)

Satan said:

I never tried to do a complete file, in fact I'm sitting on my second playthrough now. Maybe I'll think about it before ToS:RK comes out...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

@ Rol Thanks for the info!

I'll start my second run soon. At least before KoR arrives. I really can't believe you can beat it in 12 hours, though. Even now I get mad thinking of everything that happened in that game.

@nin_fanboy:
I beat Fire Emblem PoR 3 times, but I don't think there's a minimum to have a character in your Avatar. Be aware that you're not being taken serious as a real ToS gamer by Soriko and RolStoppable though. (But hey, beating ToS more then 10 times must be more hardcore than a PS3 and 360 duck-taped together)

@ Soriku

Changed it (Btw, the thread name is wrong then as well)