By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Nintendo make Link Right handed again for the Next Wii Zelda Game?

he needs to be left handed. That's his signature thing! but of course, most people are right handed so they should give them an option

Around the Network

In the art they released after E3 Link holds his shield in his left hand.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Seriously, how is what hand you use a signature? I guess because he is the only left handed person in the games(I think.) You could always make everybody else left handed, and link right handed though. People make a big deal out of something so small. *sigh*

I thought Link was right handed in the Wii version of Twilight Princess and left handed in the GC version. So what's the point of the thread?

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

I own every Zelda game except Phantom Hourglass and I could not care less about left or right handed Link.  The signature characteristic of ever Link is:
1. He wears a green tunic at some time in the game.
2. Has the ability to wield the Master Sword (The Master Sword does not appear in every game, but every Link can wield it.).
3. After earning the Triforce of Courage in the Adventure of Link, he and all descendants can control the Triforce of Courage. (Depends on how you translate the Zelda history).
This thread was created by someone who only ones one Zelda game and claims "Twilight Princess" is a Game Cube port even though it was released on the Wii first.
Please refer to the following quote:

Around the Network

Twilight Princess was a Gamecube port. How can a Zelda fan not know that? They released it on Wii first to drive Wii sales.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

burgerstein said:
Twilight Princess was a Gamecube port. How can a Zelda fan not know that? They released it on Wii first to drive Wii sales.

Everything about the game works great on Wii except graphics.  The graphics were cut down to allow it to run on Game Cube and keep Game Cube sales up for a little longer.

You can't "cut down" graphics that weren't there considering it was developed on Gamecube and ported to Wii sometime later.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

You can't "cut down" graphics that weren't there considering it was developed on Gamecube and ported to Wii sometime later.

The game was designed to run on both consoles, but developed for the Wii first and later changed for the Game Cube.  Nintendo was probably working on the Wii and Twilight Princess at the same time and realized a Game Cube version would sell more copies.  However, it is a Wii game and ported to the Game Cube.

Hero_Of_Time said:
burgerstein said:

Everything about the game works great on Wii except graphics.  The graphics were cut down to allow it to run on Game Cube and keep Game Cube sales up for a little longer.

The only thing they added to the GameCube version after they decided to port TP for the Wii was the intro with the fishing lure and stuff. Supposedly, the game started a little bit differently before.

The rest of the game was made entirely from the GameCube and ported to Wii though.

Well, actually, I think what you meant to say is that the game was finished on the Wii, but development mostly started on the GameCube platform. This is true.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!