By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How many copies of Final Fantasy XIII do you Expect to Be Sold in Japan?

1m First week
2m Lifetime

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

Hmm... I'd go under 2 million, maybe 1.8m or so? I still think the delays and price of things will do just enough to keep it under.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

2M LTD
1.4M first week.

4 ≈ One

1.6 million first week / 2.4 million LTD

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

800k first week, 1.5M LTD

Around the Network

1.2m first week. 3.2m lifetime in japan

5M LTD, 2.2m first week

How many copies sold?  A lot...

Hardware sold?  A lot...

:)  I really can't guess because the ps3 hasn't had a major JRPG release in Japan yet.  Only really big game was MGS4 and this will be MUCH bigger than that I have a feeling.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

I'm anxiously awaiting the meltdowns and damage control. Fun times aplenty!
Let's see, I believe in 1.4m first week and 2.2m LTD

Sony and Square should bundle Final Fantasy XIII with the Slim. Even without a bundle though I see the game selling over 1.7 million week. It will be the best selling game on the PS3 currently obviously.

This will also show Square that they need to start actually releasing games on the PS3.