By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Should i buy Litte Big Planet?

COKTOE said:
Akvod said:
leo-j said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
I have always thought it was the perfect rental. Beat it, move on.

A rental? You do know the story levels are only like 10% of the entire game experience, which grows as time goes by.

Little Big Planet isn't a game where you just play the single player levels and feel satisfied...

It's main focus is on online and level creation...

That's like saying buying a Battlefield game for the sake of singleplayer...

All true, but the single-player experience is quite good too. If you want to plunder it, the single player alone offers dozens of hours of playtime.

I never denied the single player experience. I'm just saying that the online is an vital part of the game, and without it, it kills the game.

Around the Network

it's fun only in multiplayer - i don't know how anyone would play this game alone. if you will lay it with other people then get it if not - don't even bother and get game like Ratchet & Clank or somethin.

I'd pass of LBP. It's probably the only ps3 game that I regret buying...

leo-j said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Xxain said:
Akvod said:
leo-j said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

A rental? You do know the story levels are only like 10% of the entire game experience, which grows as time goes by.

Little Big Planet isn't a game where you just play the single player levels and feel satisfied...

guys why even waste time on Zen??..he has one of the most negative, biased outlooks on this...just leave it alone

Hey, that's not fair to Zen. That's only true if he's talking about the PS3. All the games with huge online communities and tons of extra content (in addition to a pre-set campaign) are just rentals. If they're on the PS3.

I would definitely recommend the game, but it's not always relaxing.

I love motana and his amazing sarcasm XD

Don't waste your time on me.

I've said it time and time again.

I buy the game, not the engine.

User generated content and online mode is not something I'm into.

That's why this game is well worth a rental in my eyes. You beat it, you move on.

Ironically, if I'm correct, even you all felt this way after your initial playthroughts. You just went back one day and picked the game back up. I didn't. I have plenty of other games to play. I moved on.

I've praised this game in the past for being entirely accessable, as well as deep. However, as a single player experience, what I've played of the game, was very satisfying, and perfect for a single playthrough over a couple of days.

A lot of people regretted buying this. It's not necessarily a single player focused game(though the SP is very good). It's single player is not SMG. It's not designed to be. This game is a large quirky engine used in innovative ways, and if you're not into exploring possibility, but rather experiencing linear content, then you my friend, might want to rent this one.

That holds true for user generated content based games over all consoles. This one just happens to have a great SP mode, so I recommend it highly.

I don't understand why I have to be called a fanboy everytime I express an opinion. I've been flaming Sony for ages, but I've tried time and again to be fair to all the games on every console. I dislike Sony as a company. They make business decisions that piss me off. That has nothing to do with my dislike of online games.

I'm not the only one who feels this way about LBP. I think it would have been a better game if it would have vastly expanded on the SP content in engine, and left the level editor off. How many people really set around and play created levels for this, honestly? My "replay" value for this would be to play through the original levels again, not download them off the internet, and to be quite honest, I've never played this game online.

So you might want to take my opinion with a grain of salt. Long time JRPGr here. I don't want "build a Mario Brothers" I want "Mario Brothers."

Luckily, this game contains enough Mario Brothers to be great. If the SP content in this title was a downloadable game, it would be Braidish.

Braid. Another game that I think would make a great rental if such a thing is possible. It's actually in my top 10 games of all time, too.

Stop being so sensative every time I post!

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Akvod said:
COKTOE said:
Akvod said:
leo-j said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

All true, but the single-player experience is quite good too. If you want to plunder it, the single player alone offers dozens of hours of playtime.

I never denied the single player experience. I'm just saying that the online is an vital part of the game, and without it, it kills the game.

I know. Just sayin'

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Akvod said:
COKTOE said:
Akvod said:
leo-j said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

I know. Just sayin'

I think you were trying to say that if you never hook this game up to the internet, it's still great, and you're right. I agree.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

if you like to let out your creative side then yes

ZenfoldorVGI said:
COKTOE said:
Akvod said:
COKTOE said:
Akvod said:
leo-j said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

I know. Just sayin'

I think you were trying to say that if you never hook this game up to the internet, it's still great, and you're right. I agree.

I think it's pretty dead without the internet O.o

Why would you spend time collecting all the items and stickers, and spend time making levels if you can't share them? Play the levels yourselves?

Playing the single player levels alone will make the game short. And the minigames aren't fun without a second person to play with locally or online.

The best way for this game to be played is with others at home. The second best is online (and only through online can you really play other people's levels), and finally alone.

LittleBigPlanet is a definite good purchase with dozens of downloadable content available and tons of user created levels to play. Not to mention the ability to create levels that can reflect your own creativity.

Akvod said:

I think it's pretty dead without the internet O.o

Why would you spend time collecting all the items and stickers, and spend time making levels if you can't share them? Play the levels yourselves?

Playing the single player levels alone will make the game short. And the minigames aren't fun without a second person to play with locally or online.

The best way for this game to be played is with others at home. The second best is online (and only through online can you really play other people's levels), and finally alone.

The game isn't TOO short with just the sp levels, and they are quite good. Again, I don't like online gaming a lot, and I have no friends with PS3s to speak of. I like my content to be professionally delivered and that's why I like SP games, and why those like me, might find this game is best as a rental. That's all I was saying.

NO NO, NO NO NO.