By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - so, What do people make of this?

SciFiBoy said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Consultations, recommendations and then 1 MAN makes the final call.

No way in hell would Labour or even LibDem make that judgement. I'd be suprised if the SNP are in power after the next election.

he had every right to make that call under the legal system, just because you dont like it, doesnt mean it was the wrong decision.

Labour and the Lib Dems arent in office in Scotland, the SNP is 

Your being naive if you think it was done because of "justice".  It was a political move.  Nothing more.

The fact that you even think he might be innocent itself is pretty funny.

I'm guessing you know nothing about the reconcilation of Libya and the west?

Around the Network

The matters of compassionate release and possible innocence should be, and must be, kept entirely separate. I'm not sure they were in this case.

Kasz216 said:
SciFiBoy said:
Pyro as Bill said:
SciFi, you're being silly in trying to make this an Evil Americans v Bonny Scotland affair.

They've recalled Parliament in Scotland not because America is unhappy but because a lot of Scots are unhappy as is most of the UK.

Biggest terrorist attack in Scotland/UK and he serves 10 years, all because of one man's decision. It's a shame Jack Straw didnt make it, he wouldn't let a train robber out.

so fuck the legal system then, because the common man doesnt like the decision they made?

The legal system put him in jail.  Polticians let him out as a bargaining chip... if was their pressure that led to it. 

Had he not been friends with Momar Quadaffi he'd still be in jail.  That's a fact.

Lots of people "qualify" for compassionate release... but very few get it... and pretty much none who mass murder.

as i pointed out, his appeal was only dropped because he was going to be released on compassionate grounds, in all likelyhood, he would have won his appeal, only difference now is, is that the Scots/UK dont have to go through the embarasment of admiting they got the wrong man. 

I know he had the option to let him out just like Jack Straw had the option to let out a (nearly) dying train robber, who didn't murder 270 people.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

SciFiBoy said:
Kasz216 said:
SciFiBoy said:
Pyro as Bill said:
SciFi, you're being silly in trying to make this an Evil Americans v Bonny Scotland affair.

They've recalled Parliament in Scotland not because America is unhappy but because a lot of Scots are unhappy as is most of the UK.

Biggest terrorist attack in Scotland/UK and he serves 10 years, all because of one man's decision. It's a shame Jack Straw didnt make it, he wouldn't let a train robber out.

so fuck the legal system then, because the common man doesnt like the decision they made?

The legal system put him in jail.  Polticians let him out as a bargaining chip... if was their pressure that led to it. 

Had he not been friends with Momar Quadaffi he'd still be in jail.  That's a fact.

Lots of people "qualify" for compassionate release... but very few get it... and pretty much none who mass murder.

as i pointed out, his appeal was only dropped because he was going to be released on compassionate grounds, in all likelyhood, he would have won his appeal, only difference now is, is that the Scots/UK dont have to go through the embarasment of admiting they got the wrong man. 

So... no, you don't know anything about Libya's reconcilation to the west?

He was given up by Quadaffi as part of the reconciliation... because he was guilty.  He was a friend of Quaddaffi's.  He wouldn't have given him up.

The appeals weren't because he was innocent.

The appeals were because the scottish botched the trial and fucked up the prosecution by witholding stuff from the defense and paying witnesses.

For example.  William Ayers was a terrorist who tried to kill police officers.

He was found not guilty... not because he didn't do it.  He wrote a book about HOW he did it.  No he was found not guilty because the cops fucked up.

They wanted to make sure they had enough evidence to convict a guilty man... and people went over the line to do it.

Around the Network
SciFiBoy said:
what I find fascinating is the reaction to this, the Scottish government took a decision it was entitled to take, as I understand it, one that makes perfect sense under Scottish law, so naturally, IT must be a conspiracy by The UK Government with Libya, and of course, the Americans have to have there say (the people who bought the world Guantanomo btw) and call his release abhorrent and a scar of the Scottish legal system (whats Guantanomo then?)

You need to get over your irrational hatred of the United States. Without the help of this country your life would would be a hell of a lot different.

sguy78 said:
SciFiBoy said:
what I find fascinating is the reaction to this, the Scottish government took a decision it was entitled to take, as I understand it, one that makes perfect sense under Scottish law, so naturally, IT must be a conspiracy by The UK Government with Libya, and of course, the Americans have to have there say (the people who bought the world Guantanomo btw) and call his release abhorrent and a scar of the Scottish legal system (whats Guantanomo then?)

You need to get over your irrational hatred of the United States. Without the help of this country your life would would be a hell of a lot different.

so pointing out things a country does that I disagree with, is hating them?

Pyro as Bill said:

Not from where I'm sitting, most Scots I speak to are in agreement that our laws should be followed for everybody. We may not like the mans release, but the law should be followed for all.

The main problem has been opposition parties trying to make some head way against a nationalist government which they thought would crumble, but hasn't.

SciFiBoy said:
sguy78 said:
SciFiBoy said:

so pointing out things a country does that I disagree with, is hating them?

Seems the US is very good at pointing out things with the Scottish legal system they don't agree with.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

dawve24 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Not from where I'm sitting, most Scots I speak to are in agreement that our laws should be followed for everybody. We may not like the mans release, but the law should be followed for all.

The main problem has been opposition parties trying to make some head way against a nationalist government which they thought would crumble, but hasn't.

This.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3