By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "Don't worry, we will NOT sell out, we have trucks"

As the PS3 SLIM is starting to see some shortages already pre order wise, it seems sony has responded by saying "Don't worry, we have trucks on there way to retailers as we speak".

http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/21/amazon-says-ps3-slim-already-facing-supply-shortages-sony-disag/

Been holding off on that PS3 Slim pre-order, waiting for Sony to tell you that this whole PS2 backwards compatibility issue was just a big misunderstanding, and of course Sony will keep trying its best to reintroduce PS2 compatibility into the PS3? Well, you might want to rethink that strategy, cowboy, because Amazon is warning of "shortages of this product across the US." It's already limiting Slim sales to one per person, and has a more lax five-Slims-per-person strategy in the UK. Meanwhile, Sony in Europe is saying not to worry, since it has "trucks and trailers" of the new console already on the road . We just don't know who to believe these days, but if you're not prepared to wait past September 1st for a crack at the Slim, you've got some deciding to do.

mM
Around the Network

LMAO we don't want a 2006 repeat!

Man, I love my 60 gig though. But I want a slimmmmmmmmm

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

Would've been more fun it they said it in the same way as the topic. "Don't worry, we have trucks." Period. :)

Yeah Sony prepared for this.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

This is very different from 2006, when they were bragging about how sold out they were (even though they weren't).

I like this change in attitude. Very customer-oriented.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Good to hear.

4 ≈ One

They are really expecting a deluge, huh? Hmmm...

What, son, what? New York, New York!!!

@durtysouth

Well amazon is the one saying they are going to sell out, not sony

mM

What I want to know is when Amazon is going to start shipping. I got a confirmation e mail for my pre-order, but they said I'd get another one when they were going to ship my console. Anyone gotten any word on when Amazon is going to start sending these out?

@Domicinator

I believe August 24th.. you should look at your pre order receipt, it should say the date its expected to ship out

mM