By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX 360 slim, Good fake or...

I wonder if it plays exxbaox games.

My name is blubeard because rosie has a blue beard. Just not on her chest.

Around the Network

It doesn't seem to have a CD drive.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

There is no way that this is real.

Nintendogamer said:
It doesn't seem to have a CD drive.

Yeah, looks like Wii 2 with no optical drive.

looks like the freakking wii lol

Around the Network

It is real, but it is only a special casing - not a slim.
Also no DVD drive.

Ugly as shit, and fake (IMO). If they do release a slim, I sure as hell hope it looks better than that.

If this is real I will eat my wife.

My name is blubeard because rosie has a blue beard. Just not on her chest.

I wouldn't call that a good fake. Looks horrible to me as far as authenticity goes.

Looks better then the PS3 slim though.

Turns out it's a case mod, that sure ended real quick XD

(I dont have enough time to do a full write-up of the entire worklog right now, so this will suffice for the time being)

Its the Xbox 360 Slim! After over a year of working on this porject, its finally complete! It was a long road of trial and error, plus a lot of overheating various consoles whilst trying new cooling solutions, but it got there in the end!

The features are:

Dimensions: 172×215x40mm (Less than half the volume of the origional case)

120GB internal  HDD

3 USB Ports

60mm blower fan cooling the CPU and GPU (Much quieter than the origional dual 60mm fans)

Now, the first thing you may ask is: Whats the point of having a 360 with no DVD Drive?

And my answer to that would be that the origional Xbox Slims did the exact same thing as what I did here, simply removing the DVD Drive to allow the console to be slimmed down, (since on the Xbox, games could be played directly from the hard drive)… Let me tell you, its a far, far more complicated process than just simply removing the DVD drive. The other reason is that I will be mainly using this console as a media center and for arcade games. 

One day when the 360 is hacked to allow the console to play games directly from the hard drive (without having to insert a disc), this console will become very, very handy. Until then, this console will be a media center.

But enough of my rambing, here are the pics of the completed unit!

And thats it so far! Expect a video and a full worklog sometime soon. Until then, Enjoy!

For a full history of the project, check out the Xbox-Scene thread that was created for this project Here.