By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction Thread: Weeks till the Wii beats the 299$ PS3 Slim?

Hmm... 3 at most. The staggered slim release will help it, though the numbers won't be amazing as if it were a unified release. But during week 3 (week 2 outside the US), things will start to see enough correction to put the Wii back on top.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Around the Network

1 week.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

superchunk said:
Skittles said:
The was selling, what? 150k-200k WW? PS3 was at about 100-130k(low due to Sony getting rid of current models) . Why would it need to triple its sells?

360 showed a perm increase in sells, why wouldn't the PS3?

Wii consitantly sells > 200k and until recently >250k per week.

PS3 hasn't sold > 100k is quite awhile. Last week was only 75k.

300k is about the max of a jump you will see in the first week. That's a whopping 4 times its 'regular' sales.

Then like anything similar it will drop boy 40-50% the next week or roughly 150k; already less than what Wii sells without any 'big' games, price drops, colors, slim, etc.

Isn't that due to Sony getting rid of the old models?

Really though, some of these predictions are absurd.

@otherguy

Sure, a bet it is then.

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

btw, this is a wii owner making this thread.

Frankly, does it matter? the goal for Sony is to increase its sales which have been so bad. This Gen is over, its done with, we Know the winner and outselling the wii for a week or two means what, nothing. The ps3 has outsold the wii before, and its still in last place.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

4 weeks.

Around the Network

No matter how optimistic you are about the PS3 sales in the coming weeks, I don't believe the supply will be enough to outsell the Wii for more than about 3 weeks, and those weeks probably will not be consecutive, if there even are 3 weeks.

We should see the phats having a decent chance of outselling the Wii in the next 2 weeks, and the 1st run of slims outselling the Wii as well... after that, I think supply dictates that its probably not a possibility, unless Nintendo has really cut down their manufacturing/shipping.

That said, I do believe that the same issues will cause the PS3 slim to remain relatively high in sales, and demand, throughout the holiday season, and Q1 2010, until the "super HD release tsunami" is over with sometime in late March/early April 2010.

It will be much more interesting regionally, however, WW I just dont see it doing happening past a few weeks.

We all know that if it even remotely begins to phase Nintendo they will simply drop the price of the Wii to $200. If that happens, Sony and MS combined would be lucky to beat Nintendo for a few weeks the rest of this generation.

This should be interesting to see. I think 3 weeks, based on a big increase in PS3 sales, and the gradual decrease in Wii sales again, after Wii Sports Resort/ Monster Hunter 3.

Update: First week of post-price cut. PS3 didn't beat the Wii.

I'm going to revise my estimate to 1 week of PS3 dominance over the Wii.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

1 week..