By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

d21lewis said:
^^^Wrestlemania 17.

Anyhoo, I got home from work this morning and learned that somebody stopped the DVR from recording RAW. I got TNA but that's it. Somebody changed the channel!! I am so hurt inside. Please, tell me that RAW sucked to ease my troubled mind or send me a link to where I can watch it online. PLEASE!!

Hm It was pretty decent. Dunno where you can watch it online, but it replays late saturdays nights least here. as in like 1 or 2 am

Around the Network

^
Somebody awesome gave me a link. It was okay. Stone Cold didn't do much, though. I wanted him to Stunner Cena and a few others. Decent show, though. Not spectacular.

d21lewis said:
^
Somebody awesome gave me a link. It was okay. Stone Cold didn't do much, though. I wanted him to Stunner Cena and a few others. Decent show, though. Not spectacular.

The ending made the show for me. I am an old Big Bret Hart fan. IT was about time he did not look like a helpless dog out there.

Impact was good, Raw was great. IMO at least.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

impact got a .84 rating. One of their worst ratings in recent memory.

Around the Network
tastyshovelware said:

That is harsh.  I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but I'm sure it deserved much better than that.  Going up against the WWE (at Wrestlemania time, no less) was a horrible idea.  I hope TNA survives this.  They have a lot of talented wrestlers that are up against the impossible.  Raw isn't just the number 1 wrestling program, its the number 1 premium TV program.  It's bigger than EVERYTHING that is non-network.  I just hope there isn't a day in the future where Vince McMahon is announcing that he bought his competition like he did with WCW/ECW.

d21lewis said:
tastyshovelware said:

That is harsh.  I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but I'm sure it deserved much better than that.  Going up against the WWE (at Wrestlemania time, no less) was a horrible idea.  I hope TNA survives this.  They have a lot of talented wrestlers that are up against the impossible.  Raw isn't just the number 1 wrestling program, its the number 1 premium TV program.  It's bigger than EVERYTHING that is non-network.  I just hope there isn't a day in the future where Vince McMahon is announcing that he bought his competition like he did with WCW/ECW.

LOL that would be disastrous.

WWE has free reign to do whatever they want storywise, and the 'marks' who will never stop watching will keep them from going out of business. Without an alternative from WWE, wrestlers are MUCH worse off.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Destination X started off solid, but then it fell apart halfway through the PPV.

Oh and the finish to this PPV was awful. I don't know whether to facepalm or punch the TV, but one thing for sure, I laughed my butt off. Even the crowd laugh at some points! I don't know what was funnier: everyone falling through the hole in the middle of the ring or the ref screaming like a girl. I'm going to try and find a video for this.

Overall, I give it a 7/10. Their best PPV this year.

Wait... people still watch pro wrestling, especially the WWE?!?

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!

I haven't watched any pro wrestling on a regular basis since the WWF took over WCW/ECW and subsequently became the WWE (not to be confused with the WE... Women's Entertainment haha). Partly because I grew out of it, but also because it got to the point where everything became so predictable that I could sit and watch it with my friends and call a match almost play by play before the wrestlers even executed their moves! And the storylines... UGH!

Only wrestling I've watched lately has been clips of CZW and the now defunct FMW and XPW, only out of morbid curiosity for their insanely ridiculous and bloody hardcore matches.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I thought that TNA Impact was good last night. I especially liked the fact that it ended with a match and not just two guys in the ring bitching like some other show. I also liked the intro with Eric Bischoff playing guitar and asking Jarrett if he could do it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger