By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

spdk1 said:
yup, that was one of Vince's last hurrahs before going family friendly

I just find it funny that they think it's totally ok for Triple H to be knicknamed "The King of Kings" as if he was just a roided up greasy jesus or something.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
spdk1 said:

I just find it funny that they think it's totally ok for Triple H to be knicknamed "The King of Kings" as if he was just a roided up greasy jesus or something.

Well, it IS Triple H, and he sits on the booking committee. So stuff like that doesn't really surprise me.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Mise said:
Kasz216 said:
spdk1 said:

Well, it IS Triple H, and he sits on the booking committee. So stuff like that doesn't really surprise me.

There are other people on the booking committee?  Could of fooled me.

Smackdown was good for the first time in months. Edge's return kind of change things up or improve them in some way. Anyway, I can't wait until Stone Cold guest host Raw in March.

^^

I meant to say this before, but the smackdown before the rumble (8 days ago) was amazing. Yesterday was good too but the one before the rumble was probably the best 2 hours of wwe programming ive seen in the past 18 months.

Also: since I'm bored, I'm going to create my own fantasy ppv. A normal ppv runs 3 hours and has maybe 2 hours and 20 minutes of actual bell to bell wrestling. Here is my dream ppv with the current wrestling rosters.

Dark Match: Shark boy and Colt Cabana vs kevin steen and kenny king - 8 min

rob van dam vs homicide - 10 min

kofi kingston and the human tornado vs the american wolves - 12 min

Beth Phoenix vs Tara - 8 min

el generico vs daniels - 12 min

cm punk vs chris hero vs samoa joe - elimination style - 22 min

chris jericho vs kenta - 16 min

edge vs the pope - 14 min

shawn michaels vs desmond wolfe - 20 min

AJ styles vs Austin Ares vs Kurt Angle vs Bryan Danielson - elimination style - 26 min

I know, I left off a ton of guys, but it's all good. I would pay good money to see that card.

Around the Network

Impact was good this past Thursday minus the ending. Nice to see Joe again. I can't believe Mick Foley hesitated to attack Nash because of the picture, and got pinned by a big boot. It looked awful on TV.

Smackdown was very good yesterday. Last week's was ace as well.

^^That R-Truth/Mike Knox match was unbelievably short though. I was surprised; no scissors kick?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Wow an impressive Raw where things happend. This last Raw is probably the best wrestling show since the TNA show leading into Bound for Glory. Now to just get a real gm.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Yeah Raw was pretty awesome this past Monday. It's been getting better and better. I thought ECW was good yesterday. I found it funny how the main event was put to a halt because Shelton started bleeding.

Anyone know what WWE NXT is going to be? The commercial & theme song makes it seem like its going to be a reality show.

Mirson said:
Yeah Raw was pretty awesome this past Monday. It's been getting better and better. I thought ECW was good yesterday. I found it funny how the main event was put to a halt because Shelton started bleeding.

Anyone know what WWE NXT is going to be? The commercial & theme song makes it seem like its going to be a reality show.

Yeah.  What is this NXT crap, and if anyone says that it's the next step in the evolution of the WWE they get smacked upside the head.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger