By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Runa216 said:
amp316 said:
Runa216 said:
amp316 said:
Runa216 said:
What's with all the 16's? Amp 316, Kasz216, and Runa216....STOP STEALIN MY BIRTHDAY!

I've been alive a lot longer than you.  :p

To answer your original question; Hogan is by far the biggest star in the WWE since the 80's.  Savage, Austin, and the Rock would be the next in line.

I've been using the Runa216 name since 1994

...and I was 21 at that time and using Amp316 for years. 

What does this have to do with wrestling?

Honestly?  I thought you stole it off Steve austin.  I bet you get that a lot

I do get that a lot.  It's actually my birthday.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
Kasz216 said:
The thing too about Hogan is that he was essentially the last of the "Bruno Sammartino" champs... and the only one in the era when wrestling was popular.

Hogan held the title belt for 4 straight years in a row.

Closest over that is Cena at a little over a year.

To a casual fan, Hogan would likely be seen as the longest reigning champ, back at a time where it seemed like there was more talent in the WWE then any other time.

Heck, to a casual fan I think Macho Man is probably 2.

Only guy who could challenge him is probably Rick Flair but only in the south, and he's not a WWE regular star, but WCW's.

Another guy that has always been HUGE, but not in the WWE is Sting.  He isn't quite Ric Flair, but he's close.

Funny stort.  When I was really young I thought sting was amazing.

I mean he was like Bo Jackson.

Being a wrestler AND  a rock star!

Kasz216 said:
amp316 said:
Kasz216 said:
The thing too about Hogan is that he was essentially the last of the "Bruno Sammartino" champs... and the only one in the era when wrestling was popular.

To a casual fan, Hogan would likely be seen as the longest reigning champ, back at a time where it seemed like there was more talent in the WWE then any other time.

Only guy who could challenge him is probably Rick Flair but only in the south, and he's not a WWE regular star, but WCW's.

Another guy that has always been HUGE, but not in the WWE is Sting.  He isn't quite Ric Flair, but he's close.

LMAO  I actually met Bo Jackson once and he was not a nice person.  After a baseball game when he was playing for the Royals his nephew asked him for an autograph.  I'm pretty sure that it was his nephew because he called him Uncle Bo.  Bo said that he couldn't give it to him because it was worth too much money.  He wasn't joking.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Kasz216 said:
amp316 said:
Kasz216 said:

LMAO  I actually met Bo Jackson once and he was not a nice person.  After a baseball game when he was playing for the Royals his nephew asked him for an autograph.  I'm pretty sure that it was his nephew because he called him Uncle Bo.  Bo said that he couldn't give it to him because it was worth too much money.  He wasn't joking.

Yeah, as I reacall Bo Jackson spends his free time now killing Bears with Pistols.  (Seriously.)

Either way Tecmo Superbowl made the guy seem like a god.

Man, I'm watching RAW right now and it's so sad. I mean, they're having this match with the Prime Time Players vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan......meanwhile, you can see Jerry Lawler in the background doubled over in pain, dying right in front of us. And they make Michael Cole continue the commentary.

For those of you that didn't know, King wrestled a match on Monday and had a heart attack on commentary right after.

Around the Network

i wish him well in his time of recovery

Shit, I was just "watching" RAW (had it running in the background) and didn't realize what was going on until Cole adressed the situation. Man, thats really fucked up, I just google'd it and apparently he was dead for 20 minutes before they reanimated him. There will probably be no full recovery after such an extended time. I really like him and I hope he pulls through and that he recovers as well as possible under those circumstances but I don't see him commentating ever again :( God damn, always the good.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Long live The King. I'd been keeping up with his status but I'm always happy to see good news.

It's good he's ok, but the heart attack is a shame.

Lawler STILL puts on a better match then half the WWE locker room in my opinion.

Good news after all. I hope he comes back, he's my favorite commentator. I always expected JR would happen something like this, not Lawler. I just rewatched the Bryan-Kane match and holy shit, you are pretty much there when it happens. I suspect AJ would have a big stigma if Lawler died because she sheduled the match. Yes, I know that AJ is just playing the GM part, but people are stupid like that.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.