By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Kasz216 said:

Well... that's my point though.

Wrestling games themselves are pretty niche.

Though maybe i'm biased since like I said i'm a huge firepro fan.

To the point of where I have over 200 CAWs all personally created actually and do infact book my own shows and storylines.  Or did before i moved.  I think I left the game at storage in my parents house with some of my worse PS2 games.  I stupidly put it in the wrong case I guess.  Since my firepro box was empty.

Honestly, i don't even know how to play firepro.  I just use it to relive the wresting i liked.

Your right about monster heels though.  The problem is, nobody gives them any characterstics other then "I'm big and mean" and nobody really did that better then Andre the Giant.

Who were the last successful ones?  Undertake and Kane maybe?  They worked because they had the whole supernatural gimic going.

Yeah, I'm also a Fire Pro mark. I ended up playing FPW D and the GBA versions for ages, and ended up filling all of the mem space with my more of less crappy characters. Though I never did manage to completely clear that pesky Audience mode - and for some reason my characters' AI would almost always suck. :p

I think the last really successful monster heel was Brock Lesnar, and he was practically a face by the time he took his first real loss. Triple H and Batista were definitely booked like monster heels, but I don't think they ever really managed to play the part.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.

Around the Network

wow that's crazy that they're giving sheamus so much of a push, but it makes sense, out of all of those new guys from ECW, he is the only one that I could see getting a title. Jack Swagger, for instance, was pushed about as much untuil he started notching everytime he wrestled...

hopefully Cena doesn't get it back in 2 weeks

Mise said:
Kasz216 said:

Well... that's my point though.

Wrestling games themselves are pretty niche.

Though maybe i'm biased since like I said i'm a huge firepro fan.

To the point of where I have over 200 CAWs all personally created actually and do infact book my own shows and storylines.  Or did before i moved.  I think I left the game at storage in my parents house with some of my worse PS2 games.  I stupidly put it in the wrong case I guess.  Since my firepro box was empty.

Honestly, i don't even know how to play firepro.  I just use it to relive the wresting i liked.

Your right about monster heels though.  The problem is, nobody gives them any characterstics other then "I'm big and mean" and nobody really did that better then Andre the Giant.

Who were the last successful ones?  Undertake and Kane maybe?  They worked because they had the whole supernatural gimic going.

Yeah, I'm also a Fire Pro mark. I ended up playing FPW D and the GBA versions for ages, and ended up filling all of the mem space with my more of less crappy characters. Though I never did manage to completely clear that pesky Audience mode - and for some reason my characters' AI would almost always suck. :p

I think the last really successful monster heel was Brock Lesnar, and he was practically a face by the time he took his first real loss. Triple H and Batista were definitely booked like monster heels, but I don't think they ever really managed to play the part.

Ah yeah... Lesnar... forgot about him.

Probably intentionally because of how much he hurt other people... at least now he's in a profession where your supposed to cause damage rather then avoid it.

Cena lost!? I've been out of the loop for a week (working 12 hrs a day every day) I'm going to watch Raw right now!!

spdk1 said:
wow that's crazy that they're giving sheamus so much of a push, but it makes sense, out of all of those new guys from ECW, he is the only one that I could see getting a title. Jack Swagger, for instance, was pushed about as much untuil he started notching everytime he wrestled...

hopefully Cena doesn't get it back in 2 weeks

Unfortunately he probably will.  I hope that I'm wrong though.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

So any guesses on who will show up to TNAs Live january 4th show head to head with Raw?

I think it will be Mr. Kennedy and Ric Flair, but you never know....rumors are saying anyone from RVD to Goldberg.

spdk1 said:
So any guesses on who will show up to TNAs Live january 4th show head to head with Raw?

I think it will be Mr. Kennedy and Ric Flair, but you never know....rumors are saying anyone from RVD to Goldberg.

It'd make sense.  Though is the Hogan event in australia over?  I know both were highly rumored to be headed with Hogan to TNA after his down under gig.

yeah it ended a week ago AFAIK, right before Umaga died

To celebrate the most wonderful time of the year, I would like to discuss probably the one of the Top 3 moments in WWE history that I have gotten the blessing to experience, and that was the Invasion storyline. I would like to hear your takes on the iconic story arc and whether you liked it or not. Just to relive the magic of it, I got a little video of it:

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Daniels vs. Wolfe on Impact was great. I got really into it near the end of the match; great match between the two. I love TNA's women division. Sarita and Hamada are my favorites.

Still shocked Sheamus won the world title. I mean the last time I saw him, he was having a feud with Goldust.