By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

I thought TNA Impact! was great last night. I really enjoyed how Angle was smiling the whole time when Jeff & Karen were exchanging thier vows and they were bashing him the whole time, I couldn't help,but, laugh the whole time. Robert Roode has really stepped up his game up on the mic, I liked the way how he told Hogan last night. Sting made his return to Impact! (3/3/11) and defeated Jeff Hardy and became the TNA Champion. The match was pretty good, Sting looks like he's getting back in shape again. I'm not sure if Sting is the right guy to be Champion though, does TNA really want a man whose going to turn 52 in two weeks to be the Champion? We'll see how it goes.

BTW: Cookie looked hot last night.

Around the Network

It was good to see Stinger back in TNA.  The thought of him showing up in WWE was making my stomach turn.  Sting is the ONLY big time star that's had a long career that hasn't wrestled for VInce.  This is one of the main reasons for me being a fan of his.  I wonder if him winning the title was a negotiating point for getting him back though.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Impact was good. I wish we had atleast 1 match that went a decent amount of time  besides the mainevent.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Man Impact was exciting with the non-Impact Zone crowd.  That's how the crowd has been at the handful of live TNA shows I've gone to, and it's far superior for many reasons:

1) The crowd cheered, chanted, and boo'd naturally, not to speak on political crap (i.e. that guy's popular so I hate him), not to put themselves over (it's not 1995 ECW guys), and not to be a hipster (i.e. the "but you're married" chant when AJ turned heel and was hanging out with some ladies).  The Beer Money vs. Gunner and Murphy match was made nearly PPV quality from the audience alone.  and to further clarify:

2) Those idiot fans that call themselves "the crucial crew" were not there, since TNA films in Universal Studios and it is free, there are like 20 fans that have gimmicks and all show up at the same same time and take up the majority of the camera-side front rrow seats.  One guy that I call "beard guy" routinely pisses me off by no-selling stuff, starting chants that are worthless, and mugging for the camera.  These were the guys that were planning to "jump the rail" when they got rid of the 6 sided ring and were shocked when an internet backlash occured. 

3) no tourists, since TNA tapes in Universal Studios there are TONS of tourists, a large oportion opf which have no idea what is going on.  this causes them to walk out when they don't like stuff, cheer the wrong guyt, or get sucked into the stupid chants when they are at their worst. 

keep it up guys!  an average episde of Impact was made that much more better by having it on the road.

spdk1 said:

Man Impact was exciting with the non-Impact Zone crowd.  That's how the crowd has been at the handful of live TNA shows I've gone to, and it's far superior for many reasons:

1) The crowd cheered, chanted, and boo'd naturally, not to speak on political crap (i.e. that guy's popular so I hate him), not to put themselves over (it's not 1995 ECW guys), and not to be a hipster (i.e. the "but you're married" chant when AJ turned heel and was hanging out with some ladies).  The Beer Money vs. Gunner and Murphy match was made nearly PPV quality from the audience alone.  and to further clarify:

2) Those idiot fans that call themselves "the crucial crew" were not there, since TNA films in Universal Studios and it is free, there are like 20 fans that have gimmicks and all show up at the same same time and take up the majority of the camera-side front rrow seats.  One guy that I call "beard guy" routinely pisses me off by no-selling stuff, starting chants that are worthless, and mugging for the camera.  These were the guys that were planning to "jump the rail" when they got rid of the 6 sided ring and were shocked when an internet backlash occured. 

3) no tourists, since TNA tapes in Universal Studios there are TONS of tourists, a large oportion opf which have no idea what is going on.  this causes them to walk out when they don't like stuff, cheer the wrong guyt, or get sucked into the stupid chants when they are at their worst. 

keep it up guys!  an average episde of Impact was made that much more better by having it on the road.

I see that "beard guy" a lot on impact! and he annoys me too. lol

I'm happy they decided to go somewhere else, the show was much better on the road.

Around the Network

The Rock will host WrestleMania.

WrestleMania matches so far:

Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler and Stone Cold will be the guest referee.

Triple H vs. Undertaker in a no-holds-barred match.

John Cena vs. The Miz for the WWE Championship

Alberto Del Rio (my favorite wrestler) vs. Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk.

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes.

WWE needs to start doing the Money in the bank qualifying matches.

BTW: What's up with Sheamus saying he'll leave the WWE if he loses to Daniel Bryan for the US Championship on RAW?

Stone Cold Steve Austin needs a sippy cup. 

Impact does NOT need to return to the Impact Garage. The latest ep made them seem so much more professional and the crowd was all into the show. It a fresh change along with the different stage and entrance setup. Not only was it more people but it was different ones. I'm sure a lot have noticed they have had too many of the same people in that studio for too long, as previously mentioned "the beard guy".

As of Smackdown, I learned alot. Edge can kill painters with a shove of his boot, and USA chants are possible to breakout between a contract signing of a Mexican and Canadian ( The face ). Undertaker using Johnny Cash as his new theme will have to grow on me I suppose....

Raw was meh. I'm already tired of WWE replaying everything about The Rock and John Cena. Even though I greatly dislike Cena, he's winning this arguement with valid points, despite them being delivered in shitty homosexual jokes. The Rock is just making himself look like a fool saying he isn't never going away and caring about the WWE more than anything else when he's not even there since he returned. His response was via satellite, will he host Wrestlemnia via satellite too?  The only thing he will be electrifying is the company's light bill on the titantron.

Believe it or not, I'm no Miz fan either, I want him to defeat John Cena and get the upperhand on Rock at Mania. The man is the future and it's time to move forward. Cena's days are numbered and The Rock's are over.

JBL returning to special ref was a markout, but Austin ruined that quickly. Now he's the special ref instead.........another rare case where I would have preferred soemone else over Austin, but either way, this match has a special ref now. This must be Cole's nightmare, seeing the guy that gave him the biggest asswhooping in the company before.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

BoneArk said:

The Rock will host WrestleMania.

WrestleMania matches so far:

Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler and Stone Cold will be the guest referee.

Triple H vs. Undertaker in a no-holds-barred match.

John Cena vs. The Miz for the WWE Championship

Alberto Del Rio (my favorite wrestler) vs. Edge for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk.

Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes.

WWE needs to start doing the Money in the bank qualifying matches.

BTW: What's up with Sheamus saying he'll leave the WWE if he loses to Daniel Bryan for the US Championship on RAW?

Forget what I said about spliiting the bill for Wrestlemania with me.  I'm not paying anything for that wretched card.

Besides for the Del Rio and Edge match, I don't care.  I do guess that Lawler and Cole will be an amusing affair, but not a real wrestling match.   

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

A solid Impact that leads into a confusingly booked Victory Road. Only real short coming to the show was we didn't get a EY segment.