By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

VonShigsy said:
spdk1 said:
VonShigsy said:

Cena was trolling at last monday night raw. Why can faces be such dicks to heels with no consequences? It sucks all the kayfabe away.

My wife and I talked about this as well. She doesn't watch wrestling, but I laid out what happened last week on raw, and she agreed that Cena's character is that of a total D-Bag.  I'm not at all a fan of John Cena, not due to his "spot in the company" but what he seems to stand for.  as a "face", scratch that "super-face" that he is supoposed to be, he should be a role model for kids and do "everything right" the way they push him (See 80's Hulk Hogan, pre-Crow Sting).  problem is that he has been doing some pretty heelish stuff lately that makes me not like him even more than I did. John Cena (the man) is probably a good guy and great with kids etc, but John Cena (the character) is a VERY unlikeable character.  I know they are going for a "avenger" bully to the WWE's Bullies kind of character, but c'mon!

Here are my grievances:

• If Cena is supposed to be a role model for kids, then why is he always making fun of folks he doesn't like such as Vicky Guerrero.  I know they are heels and faces are supoposed to trash on them, but when they become heels in doing so, it's weird.  WWE as a whole makes fun of folks for being "fat" when they aren't but Cena takes it too far sometimes.
  • Cena stands for "never giving up" and "doing things at his word", so then why did he try to sabotage Nexus, and lie about quitting when he was supposed to do so from a stipulation in a match?  this just made him look like an honorless liar.
  • Last week we saw Cena disobey management and basically screw over 10 people because he could.  by doing this he also acted arogant by signing autgraphs rather than doing his job.  when confronted with his ass-hattery, he then attacked the folks he tried to dick over because he didn't get his way.
  • Cena comes across as a bully with all of his attacks on Nexus, Wade Barrett and CM Punk.  Due to this i have began to sit there and agree with literally EVERYTHING Punk says about him in promos.  This surely is the opposite of what I am supposed to be swayed into thinking by the writers. 
  • When david Otunga tried to "bury the hatchet" and let bygones be bygones Cena attacked him, showing that he is petty and a total douche.
  • Cena forced himself on Vickie Guerrero a few weeks back and kissed her, and then tried to FU her when she retaliated, way to set the bar.  I guess if no means no, physical vuiolence will suffice.

For clarification, here is what pissed me off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk2qzkpm81k

any thoughts?

I know, i have many grievances with the points you make too. If Cena was a "Tweener" that is, a wrestler with heelish tendencies that has the support of the crowd no matter his actions, I would have let it go. Problem is, Cena's a babyface. It's downright hypocritical for him to hug fat kids in the audience and five minutes later dissing Vicky Guerreiro with fat jokes. The segment that pissed me off had him and out-of-shape Lawler ganging up on Vicky calling her fat. Funny thing is ,she 's lost a lot of weight and is slimmer now than Lawler. A tweener like Orton, because he plays the psycho Viper, can pretty much do anything with heels he wants and get away with it , but not Cena. He must play the stand up guy.

The whole Barret/Punk match was a travesty. We have 2 great wrestlers on the mat, main eventing raw and Cena and his wacky sennanigans move the spotlight to him. Why waste our time so? We could have had a great match with serious consequences with the stipulation being the omition of the losers team on the RR. That's why i like CM Punk's promos on Cena. It's like he's saying what the smarks hate about mr "5 moves of doom".

Another thing that bugs me is that Cena's insults are either funny or clever. Him "CM Sucks" promo made me cringe. Having an army of kids and merch behind him , it could have catched on and stigmatised Cm Punk in the crowd's chanting. And the Nexus appointed smack that had gay remarks about Justin Gabriel was not in good taste.

I know Cena is the face of WWE. I also know that he is the unbeatable superman that overcomes all odds. What i hate is his no-selling of finishers. No way can any wrestler seem strong against him when he allways kicks out of your signature moves. When was the last time Cena lost on a 1 on 1 without interferance or cheating? Only Randy Orton can seem to take him out, and that's because he's way over as well, but as long as Cena sells merch he's invinsible.

10 year olds don't care about pretences, they just wanna go home with Cena t-shirts and seeing him doing funny stuff that make older viewers heave. I do wish the make Vicky a face soon, but this won't happen because she gets atomic heat going when she enters the arena. At least give her a 'bitch" angle to hate her, not "fat" jokes. And rules should be for everyone, even heels. In kayfabe, you should hate them, not give reason to sympathize with them.

yup, If anything I shouldn't sympathize with Guerrero at all, but they are making me feel sorry for her character...lol

Around the Network
VonShigsy said:
Kasz216 said:

Oh, actually this is the perfect place to ask too... in an RPG i'm making Kayfab wrestlers as part of the Superhero/Villian lineup...

IE Undertaker has lightning and can turn off lights to teleport, Mr. Perfect is skilled at everything, Hulk Hogan draws on the power of his Hulkamaniacs and gets super powers when weak.

Anyway, Did Crow Sting have any powers other then a harnass and a baseball back.  Right now I have him kinda like Batman.

You should add Kane with Flame powers, Papa Shango as a Voodoo villain and Jake the Snake with Reptile summoning/control. 

I had Kane, plan to remake him, had to convert everyone over to a slightly better system.  I tend to bring him back to the red mask "Undertakers equal" era.   Paul Bearer is there too, with his urn that can control the undead and amp them.

Jake the Snake was a given.

Papa Shango is a great one I forgot baout.  He'd be much better then his Godfather incarnation in this setting.

My favorite so far?  IRS.

He can use his tax skills to audit any superhero who's idenitity he knows, freezing their funds and distracting them in combat.

Kasz216 said:
VonShigsy said:
Kasz216 said:

Oh, actually this is the perfect place to ask too... in an RPG i'm making Kayfab wrestlers as part of the Superhero/Villian lineup...

IE Undertaker has lightning and can turn off lights to teleport, Mr. Perfect is skilled at everything, Hulk Hogan draws on the power of his Hulkamaniacs and gets super powers when weak.

Anyway, Did Crow Sting have any powers other then a harnass and a baseball back.  Right now I have him kinda like Batman.

You should add Kane with Flame powers, Papa Shango as a Voodoo villain and Jake the Snake with Reptile summoning/control. 

I had Kane, plan to remake him, had to convert everyone over to a slightly better system.  I tend to bring him back to the red mask "Undertakers equal" era.   Paul Bearer is there too, with his urn that can control the undead and amp them.

Papa Shango is a great one I forgot baout.  He'd be much better then his Godfather incarnation in this setting.

He can use his tax skills to audit any superhero who's idenitity he knows, freezing their funds and distracting them in combat.

HA! If you are making silly powers like IRS, have The Million Dollar man have face to heel conversion powers with his money.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

VonShigsy said:
Kasz216 said:
VonShigsy said:
Kasz216 said:

HA! If you are making silly powers like IRS, have The Million Dollar man have face to heel conversion powers with his money.

Silly?  YOU try and fight at peak performance when you know that your wife and child might have to live on the streets because IRS audits you and has the Repo man take your house.

Nah, Silly is like my Mr. Perfect character who has the ability to use any skill in the game.  

Just picture the Genius

"A Nuclear Bomb?  No Problem.  Watch as Mr. Perfect Powerslams this precasious prediciment and perfect plexes the protons, nuetralizes those nuetrons and electricfies those electrons because Mr. Perfect is a dauntles disarmer!"

"And Hulk Hogan... you can't do that!"

you should do Lex Luger and his ridiculous "bionic arm due to metal plate from surgery" that he supposedly had.  I don't remember gthe backstory, but I do recall them hyping his foreearms due to this....lol

Ultimate Warrior would be funny as well

Around the Network
spdk1 said:

you should do Lex Luger and his ridiculous "bionic arm due to metal plate from surgery" that he supposedly had.  I don't remember gthe backstory, but I do recall them hyping his foreearms due to this....lol

Ah yeah, he always had to wear the elbow pad, and when he was a heel he'd lower it.

Ultimate Warrior's comic book was too crazy... I just gave him the ability to be REALLY strong in short bursts and fall off.  Probably what i'll do for Goldberg too.

Kasz216 said:
spdk1 said:

Ah yeah, he always had to wear the elbow pad, and when he was a heel he'd lower it.

Ultimate Warrior's comic book was too crazy... I just gave him the ability to be REALLY strong in short bursts and fall off.  Probably what i'll do for Goldberg too.

don't forget that in WCW he could turn into fog and phase through cages, project himself into mirrors that only Hogan and the TV audience could see and other "amazing" abilities...lol

here is his cage power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDyPfD94z-o

spdk1 said:
Kasz216 said:
spdk1 said:

don't forget that in WCW he could turn into fog and phase through cages, project himself into mirrors that only Hogan and the TV audience could see and other "amazing" abilities...lol

here is his cage power

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDyPfD94z-o

HA! I forgot about that.

At the time i had blinded myself to how bad it was because i thought it was awesome the Ultimate Warrior was back.

I remember when my friend tried to convince me that he died of a heart attack.

TNA was pretty good last night. It sucks that Pope is heel now. The Main Event Mafia looks like they're coming back together next week, I hope Booker T returns.  Next week Impact looks like its a must see show.

Who do u guys think will win the Royal Rumble this Sunday? Who do u guys hope wins?

I personally want Alberto Del Rio to win,but, I think Cena, Mysterio, or CM Punk will win. Undertaker could win it if he returns. I hope Triple H doesn't make his comeback at the RR, he needs to retire imo.

If Triple H returns in Sunday, expect him to bury everybody. Last one to go is going to be Sheamus to feud until WM.

Although i expect Cena is going to beat the odds...Again... 

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"