By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Media sommit NA

booooooo, smash delay. but, nintendo is famous for this. Look how long Zelda:TP was delayed.

Yay!! on stock for nov/dec. I have predicted a sell through of 5.2m during this time frame. So it looks like Wii will have the stock to do this. Also, is must be noted that Wii has constantly surpassed my monthly predictions.

Basically, my end of year predictions are going to be low for Wii, but still right on target for PS360.

Around the Network
KruzeS said:
9:17 a.m.: Been making more Wii systems. Demand continues to surprise Nintendo. Consumers will still have to "hustle" to find the system this year. Will have about two times the product they had last year.

If this is worldwide, my friends, that's 6-8million Wiis for Nov-Dec!

That's an amazing number. Hats off to Nintendo if they can ship and sell that many Wiis.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Great that there will be tons of Wiis availables. Bad news on Smash. Frankly after all the excitement yesterday I have come down to earth and I realize that those of us in NA are kind of screwed. Yes we have some good games in the next month but the Wii was on release life support for a couple of months.

We lose Smash to Feb.
Mario Kart slips to May.
DS station/Wiiware TBD for NA
Wii Fit TBD (I doubt we will see it Q1 in NA since no annoucement was made).

I knew this holiday season was too good to be true. I was just hoping some of the goodness from Japan would have a quicker impact on the territory where the Wii actually has competition.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt