By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does PS3 or Wii have an answer to this protential Fall 2010 X360 lineup?

puffy said:
RayRay102 said:

We all know Fable 3 has just been announced and will be released in the Fall of 2010. First 2 games sold over 3 millions a piece

Halo Reach will sell millions and could break sales record. It will also be Bungie last Halo game so they go out with a bang.

Gears oF War 3 IMO will be released in Nov 2010 (2 years apart like the first two games) 10 miliion selling franchise.

I also think Half Life 2 episode 3 will be revealed either at next year GDC or E3 and will be released end of 2010 based on this http://www.halflife2.net/half-life-2-episode-3.

Also, the release of Natal with RARE support and a launch lineup of games for it.

If this is indeed realty, will this be the best fall exclusive lineup in the history of gaming for one console? Does Nintendo or Sony have an answer to this protential blockbuster Fall lineup. Please jump in and debate.

Fable 3 = Zelda Wii

Halo Reach = Super Mario Galaxy 2

Gears 3 = Metroid: Other M

Natal = WM+ (already here) and Wii Vitality Sensor

Seems like Nintendo has Microsoft covered.. I'd like to point out though that I don't think Gears of War 3 or Zelda Wii will make it out for next year.

Gears 3 = Metroid: Other M? How?

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

Well, I don't really give a damn how the lineup compares, but I know for damn sure I want these games:

Crackdown 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Kingdom Under Fire 2
Ninety Nine Nights 2
Halo Reach
Fable 3
Mass Effect 2

And then there is Natal, which I will be checking out.

hanafuda said:
puffy said:
RayRay102 said:

We all know Fable 3 has just been announced and will be released in the Fall of 2010. First 2 games sold over 3 millions a piece

Halo Reach will sell millions and could break sales record. It will also be Bungie last Halo game so they go out with a bang.

Gears oF War 3 IMO will be released in Nov 2010 (2 years apart like the first two games) 10 miliion selling franchise.

I also think Half Life 2 episode 3 will be revealed either at next year GDC or E3 and will be released end of 2010 based on this http://www.halflife2.net/half-life-2-episode-3.

Also, the release of Natal with RARE support and a launch lineup of games for it.

If this is indeed realty, will this be the best fall exclusive lineup in the history of gaming for one console? Does Nintendo or Sony have an answer to this protential blockbuster Fall lineup. Please jump in and debate.

Fable 3 = Zelda Wii

Seems like Nintendo has Microsoft covered.. I'd like to point out though that I don't think Gears of War 3 or Zelda Wii will make it out for next year.

By being one of the top 3 Nintendo fans favourites just as Gears is for Microsoft fans

Clap Hanz game big exclusive title? do we really want to play book sorting minigames in 1080p?
we will definitely see Gears of War 3 and Halo Reach next year though i think that Reach will be the big Q4 2010 game while Gears 3 will be released in late Q2 or early Q3 2010.
plus there is:
new Itagaki 360 game,
possibly another Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden exclusive game,
Rockstar New England 360 exclusive game(probably Bully 2),
3rd Mistwalker jrpg(Blue Dragon 2/Lost Odyssey 2),
probably another Square Enix timed-exclusve/exclusive 360 game,
New PGR game(it's about time to be released),
new Rare games(another Viva Pinata with natal and new core game),
Natal with Milo,
Kingdom Under Fire II,
Mechwarrior,
Huxley: The Dystopia,
another load of new xbla games, exclusive DLC and unannouncend retail games,

Now thats arguable. It looks like Smash Bros. is lately more "favourable" than Metroid. It also sells more, same with Kirby (sales wise).

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Around the Network
puffy said:
hanafuda said:
puffy said:
RayRay102 said:

Fable 3 = Zelda Wii

By being one of the top 3 Nintendo fans favourites just as Gears is for Microsoft fans

Fair enough. I'm not going to argue the top 3 thing..

PSN - hanafuda

Nintendo has Super Mario Galaxy 2, Zelda Wii, Metroid: Other M, and Dragon Quest X all probably coming in 2010. They should be core enough to deal with anybody's lineup.

Sony has Final Fantasy Versus XIII as a worldwide exclusive, Persona 5, possibly Shenmue 3 off of the success of the Yakuza series, and The Last Guardian. Kingdom Hearts III, and an exclusive sequel to Zone of the Enders or The Snatcher and Policenaut games from Kojima could also be coming the PS3's way.

Yeah, I don't think Sony and Nintendo have much to worry about from the 360's 2010 lineup.

Bunch of Japanese games from the other two companies. Makes sense though.

The Last Guardian, The Agency, ModNation Racers, Final Fantasy XIV, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Twisted Metal PS3, The Agent are all games likely to release on the PS3 fall 2010.
Wii does have Zelda, most likely Metroid: Other M and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

This besides the unannounced stuff.

RayRay102 said:

It's really hard to say right now.. the PS3 could potentially gain a very large amount of momentum.. or it could not. If the ps3 does gain that momentum, sales of games like God of war III will probably rival the gears of war series.

That being said... until tokyo games show, we don't really know what's coming for fall 2010 for PS3. Sony has been focusing huge on its big titles like GoW III and Gran Turismo 5 at the moment.

The thing about Sony games is that they usually have far more production value than 360 games, so they take a lot longer to make.

That being said.. for 2010 BIG games on the ps3 are as follows..

The Last Guardian

God of War III

Massive Action Game

ModNation Racers

Agent (Possibly GTA5: LA Noir exclusive, just speculating :P Agent appears to be a code name, and the GTA boss said there would be no multiplat in 2010)

David Jaffe and Eat Sleep Play's game (They are all expecting 2010, and he feels his game has the potential to be a blockbuster.)

Final Fantasy XIV

The Agency

DC Universe Online

Heavy Rain

So.. anyone to say that sony's announced games cannot rival Halo, gears and a Console port of a PC shooter is kind of silly

and I don't think a Halo game will ever qualify for "best lineup in history :P" maybe for this gen, I agree it's a pretty solid fall lineup... but those games will eat sales off eachother.