By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

THERE MIGHT BE SPOILERS TO ALL WHO HVNT SEEN THE MOVIE.

What did you guys think of the movie, and if you didn't see it are you planning to go?

Around the Network

I'll either be seeing it tomorrow or Friday, looks good!

It was good, a lot better than I expected. One scene made me think of Mass Effect, and that was made of pure awesome.

Kingdom Hearts 3 Bet: If Kingdom Hearts 3 becomes a multiplaform title/is not Wii exclusive then I will be banished from this land for 1 week and sing my praises to those who have proved themselves to be more intelligent than I.http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/RDBRaptor/rdbraptor_sig16.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">
My Anime List

I honestly expected some big alien vs human conflict, but the documentary style way they made the movie was genius.

I want to see this.

Haven't been to theaters in ages though...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Yea, well spend your money wisely. The cost is ridiculous in Canada at least. Me and my lil bro went to see Harry Potter at SilverCity a while back and it came up to 40 bucks for a large popcorn, two medium drinks and two tickets..

Can't you just buy food from somewhere else thats cheaper and take it in in Canada? Thats what I do in aussie cinemas. Saves a huge amount of money.

FaRm -

Speaking for the US, we have HORRIBLE rules about bringing in outside food/drink. It's rarely allowed, but I do think the theaters have good reason for it.

In the US, movie publishers take up to 90% of ticket revenues the first week a movie comes out. When a movie theater may only make 70 cents per ticket, it has to make money other ways - ergo, jacking food costs (which are obviously non-existent).

Thats where they have to make their income back, sadly. In the US, though, we do have discount moviehouses that play old movies that studios do not care about, and offer great rates. Some theaters play 3 month old movies (such as a Terminator: Salvation or Star Trek) and cost $1 per ticket, with very reasonable rates on food, since they make 90% of the ticket price.

As for OP, I enjoyed D9, and I think any Sci-Fi fan needs to watch it at least once. I hope that our friends outside the US/CA get to see the movie, as it's a great movie concerning social justice, killing humans and aliens, and the best special effects ever done for the price.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Yeah I know distribution companies get around 90% in the first week. Sucks for the cinema owners, but good for the production companies considering films are more front loaded then they use to be.

In regards to district 9 I might see it. I hear its awesome but the trailers have simply bored me. But since I like sci fi I'll probably go an see it anyway.

I thought it District 9 was alright. I feel that it was a bit over hyped and it made me enjoy the movie a bit less than I might have else wise. But it was alright... too many bugs for me lol.